Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #101
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,141
Boxed wrong?
__________________

__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:24 PM   #102
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Then you can mess with him because top left seal in his pic is different OD ( outside diameter)
You are right I didn't notice that, Maybe they have a different tolerance in USA made stuff...... I can't believe the Old Man missed that. His eyes are starting to go at 80.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #103
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Boxed wrong?
No, all bagged with a 17144 tag #. Would have eventually caught it when it didn't fit the seal driver.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:37 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,141
Been there ,done that, got the t-shirt
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #105
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Hey Glenn, got my overseas Timken inner brgs. Now I can start the messy, greasy process. HATE this job!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Timken L68111 Inner Bearing.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	295.5 KB
ID:	71250  
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 03:43 PM   #106
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Hey Glenn, got my overseas Timken inner brgs. Now I can start the messy, greasy process. HATE this job!
How many miles do you have on the bearings in there now? Must be a bunch. I was hoping to go down there so we can do them both together. I can do the grease bearing work, but you have to pull the wheel. I used to hand pack them all the time. And that was before they came out with the sissy gloves. You need to feel that grease being packed in can't do that with them dam gloves. Good luck if you need help yell, I'm just 2 hours away. You probably done it 100 times already...... You probably repacked them before every race in your old day's. I'm not even going to ask where you got them from.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #107
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
How many miles do you have on the bearings in there now? Must be a bunch. I was hoping to go down there so we can do them both together. I can do the grease bearing work, but you have to pull the wheel. I used to hand pack them all the time. And that was before they came out with the sissy gloves. You need to feel that grease being packed in can't do that with them dam gloves. Good luck if you need help yell, I'm just 2 hours away. You probably done it 100 times already...... You probably repacked them before every race in your old day's. I'm not even going to ask where you got them from.
Got one finished today, I may get one tomorrow depending on the weather. I don't like driving the old cups out and cleaning the hub even with a parts cleaner it is not a fun job. I did get all the cones packed. May have to go get more grease to fill the cavities tho', I only have 3 tubes left. I have to go get more brake cleaning spray anyway.

As to how many miles on the old bearings, whatever is on the trailer, swag would be around 25,000.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:29 PM   #108
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,632
Yea, it's a PITA I agree with that. When you pump the extra grease in do you watch the back seal, and how did they fit? Do you think they will leak on you? Did you find any grease on your brake drums or did the old one hold? Just 3 to go. Maybe not tomorrow being they are predicting rain. any problem with the shoe linings?....One thing I do admire is that you keep that wagon in good shape....
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #109
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Yea, it's a PITA I agree with that. When you pump the extra grease in do you watch the back seal, and how did they fit? Do you think they will leak on you? Did you find any grease on your brake drums or did the old one hold? Just 3 to go. Maybe not tomorrow being they are predicting rain. any problem with the shoe linings?....One thing I do admire is that you keep that wagon in good shape....
You can't see the seal. Never had grease on the brakes and why would they leak? They are designed not to leak.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #110
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Well, 2 down and 2 to go, damn I hate this job!

Oh, BTW have I mentioned how much I hate messing with cleaning/replacing cups & cones?
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bearings, wheel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 PM.