Old 05-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #11
Incheon, S. Korea

Joe_GA - What type of shop did your work? The OP should probably go to it or one like it. Large trailer shops should have the equipment to re-arc and align axles.

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #12
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
If you believe the tires were "defective" did you file complaint with NHTSA?

If they get no complaints (with full DOT serial including date code and RV VIN) there will never be an investigation. No investigation means no possible finding of defect which means no possible recall.
I can't imagine how all the tires could wear out in only two thousand miles and no mechanical defect found.

So many people complain here about defects that should be recorded with the NHTSA, if they did there would be a lot less repetitive defects.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #13

Called the camping world on 501 in Myrtle Beach and was handed off three times in the first three attempts with excuses of being sick, being busy and not there. Finally talked to the SA Cecil and he says he has been trying to get someone to look at it after hours what kind of garbage is that?? give me some BS about warranty work. I suppose Forrest River/SALEM should know how the people that are supposedly serving customers in their interest are treating them. told me my problem was bias ply tires. Oh really? have you checked the alignment? to which he said no. good luck friends it seems the RV industry is full of incompetent technicians and help that are only interested in cash tickets to scrape up gravy with.

I made my living doing warranty work, it sucks, but you take the bad with the good. suck it up, fix the camper and maybe make a sale down the road, and create a good cash customer but no, they want to screw a good potential customer. pure genius.

i should mention they have had it for THREE WEEKS
A&P
jack of all trades master of one...LOL
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/3111/ypy.JPG
wilem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #14
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL

Ok, three weeks is crazy. I see you are all credentialed up...wonder if there is a way to search for the Master RV technicians referenced in this document. At least it would give you some peace of mind when choosing a repair shop.

EDIT: Found it...see here and look for the blue circle in the search results when searching by state.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaron View Post
Joe_GA - What type of shop did your work? The OP should probably go to it or one like it. Large trailer shops should have the equipment to re-arc and align axles.
Oops. For some reason, I didn't see this post. I got an independent guy who was recommended by a guy at the Saint Augustine Camping World. This guy lives in Saint Augustine and works out of his car. He carries all of his equipment with him and only requires a fairly level paved area to work. Since I have a level concrete drive, it worked out well. I guess a parking lot would work, as well. He did a great job and I never saw any wear on my tires for the next 2 years that I had that camper. I have since traded it in on my signature RV. It cost me over $400.00, but I feel it was money well spent. He had quite a lot of adjustment to do.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
[SIZE=2]2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:43 AM   #16

I will give these guys a day or two more and then just pop in on them and see whats going on. The shackle kit to correct it is 250.00$ the laser alignment tool is 500.00 i can do it with a plumb bob, chalk line and tape measure. i have built trailers and aligned tandem axle boat trailers on fountain boats. (heavy) It is just despicable that shops like this give mechanics in general a bad name. the alignment kit manufacturer says the alignment check takes 10 minutes..E-Z Red (EZREZLINE) Wheel Laser Alignment Tool - Rakuten.com Shopping
A&P
Old 06-04-2014, 05:52 AM   #17

What about caster and camber? Can you do that without the alignment tool? I know that the guy that did mine had to move one axle back 1/4 inch and he had to heat and bend both axles.

2012 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition
[SIZE=2]2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilem View Post
Called the camping world on 501 in Myrtle Beach and was handed off three times in the first three attempts with excuses of being sick, being busy and not there. Finally talked to the SA Cecil and he says he has been trying to get someone to look at it after hours what kind of garbage is that?? give me some BS about warranty work. I suppose Forrest River/SALEM should know how the people that are supposedly serving customers in their interest are treating them. told me my problem was bias ply tires. Oh really? have you checked the alignment? to which he said no. good luck friends it seems the RV industry is full of incompetent technicians and help that are only interested in cash tickets to scrape up gravy with.

I made my living doing warranty work, it sucks, but you take the bad with the good. suck it up, fix the camper and maybe make a sale down the road, and create a good cash customer but no, they want to screw a good potential customer. pure genius.

i should mention they have had it for THREE WEEKS
There are two camping worlds in Myrtle Beach the one on Dick Pond Road near 17 bypass. I like this one better. Not a big fan of Camping World Though.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:11 PM   #19

camping world say's load range d tires wear like this

after a month of being dodged on phone contact attempts i figured i would "just show up". well its a two hour ride to the camping world on 501 in myrtle beach sc. The phone rings and its the manager or some other helpless wonder at CW. tells me my claim to have my INTERMITTENTLY operating tounge jack repaired was denied. wow, no surprise there. Then tells me that after a MONTH the still don't have approval to CHECK the alignment on my camper...Now it must be said that i was in there place of business a little over a month ago, because we buy stuff from there (never again BTW) and Cecil Bell, told me "oh yeah i can get that fixed right up for you. we will put a laser on the tongue of the camper and targets on the wheels and square them up to the axle no problems. and ill probably get all 4 of your tires replaced as well." Now after a month they have not even checked the alignment. I told the guy on the phone put my camper out front i am coming to get it. here is a picture of my tire with 2000 miles on it approx. camper is less than a year old and the air pressure is checked before every trip and set a 65 PSIG. i was warned about camping world being gravy hogs and not wanting to do warranty work, that is why i asked before hand. now i have 4 hours worth of time and fuel and a month of camping time wasted.

A&P
Old 06-11-2014, 05:23 AM   #20

Not that they are any better but have you tried the other Camping World in Myrtle Beach????

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires