Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #11
I would not accept it at all, you can have enough problems inherited from the manufacturer with out this to.

"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:51 PM   #12
Our dealer had our brand new unit in for repair after only one weekend use and hit their garage turning the corner, they confessed right up front and said the only fix was to order us another camper, so I would expect them to do the same especially seeing you did not even own it yet. Good luck & keep us posted.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #13
Hey stuff happens, Yes I would want them to order me a new one. Pain on the loss time.
Steve and Adele
2014 Flagstaff T12RBST
2005 Toyota 4runner 4x4
Old 05-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #14
Accidents happen to everyone and there is no reason to think that they may try to be dishonest with you or anyone on the condition of that trailer now or in the future. I would be praising them for even bringing it to my attention. It takes a big person to admit to a mistake. Give them a chance and let them make it up to you. I would even consider taking that trailer after an independent evaluation and repair at a huge discount. This may be a blessing in disguise. Is the glass half empty or half full? Good luck to you
Old 05-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #15
Don't know why you even thought about keeping/accepting the new damaged trailer
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
Old 05-23-2015, 12:28 PM   #16
You will loss some time but you might lose time after the damaged trailer decides to give you more issues. I believe you know what to do from all of the answers telling to not receive the damaged fifth. Sorry for your problem.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:46 PM   #17
Do not accept

Do not accept damaged unit, they come with enough issues in good condition.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #18
Not a chance....they had to tell you about the trailer. There could be plumbing issues, cabinet issues, etc....from the shock of falling off trailer. Run....
2015 274 RK LIMITED <'{{{{><
Old 05-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #19
Ask for a "Rental"

Originally Posted by lostpatriot1974 View Post
I consider these guys the most reputable dealer in the area.. We have a travel trailer that we bought from them, and after shopping around for a 5ver, couldn't find anyone that could exceed their customer service and or satisfaction.. That being said, I know accidents happen, but from the sounds of it, the individual moving the trailer up to the garage didn't have the hitch latched.. I am disappointed and really in the end, fighting impatience as we have waited months for this.. Guess we will let them know to order a new one, and what incentive they will offer to keep my business.. We are in season now..
If they're as "reputable" as you say, and you want to order a new one from them, I'd ask for a "rental unit" until the new one comes in. Never hurts to ask, and all they can do is say "no", but it's worth a try. It's their reputation that's on the line if they really want to keep you.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #20
If I were in your shoes I would take advantage of the dilemma. First I would request all repairs to be completed. Maybe even ask to come by and take a look at the structure once they remove the damaged pieces. Then I would ask for a free extended warranty, the longest they offer (6-8years). Finally I would ask for a 10 - 15% discount off of the purchase price.

Closed Thread

dealer, truck