Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2015, 12:58 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
Sorry medicine lapse. So last. Are you thinking about keeping this ride?
__________________

__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
Pixelbum1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 196
Refuse to accept the 5th wheel!

PATIENCE is ALWAYS a VIRTUE, as you know, especially in this particular scenario as it is your money and not their's that is at stake! I think the VIN annotation is a
super one and would strive to make note of that when you can based on the intelligence of that reply ...excellent!

Don't forget that YOU want to be a HAPPY CAMPER and not one that is faced with a multitude of problems while camping so don't succumb and get only the unscathed, new one!! If you are really chomping at the bit perhaps you could rent until you take possession of your new one, again? Again...think HAPPY camping and none other than! Good luck! -PB
__________________

__________________
Pixelbum1 is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,139
If the dealer patches this unit up and dumps it at a auction or on their lot what about the next poor dude, you think he/she is going to be told about damage? I don't think so!
__________________
2014 Forester 3051s
2016 Nissan Pathfinder SL
2012 Sonic toad
wana65stang is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Cape Breton
Posts: 270
LOL at 90% of the comments. Before you quote me do not take offence and consider yourself in the other 10% if taking offence.

99% of the unites will, have taken a harder hurt via a pothole while being towed to a camp site or while they were being hauled at 90mph for delivery. I would take the opertunity to get myself a great discount on a brand new RV though.

You have stated no visible signed of damage, get into the front cubby with a flashlight and check the frame out well. Again get a discount but I would not be scared away.
__________________
2015 Sandpiper 30IOK
2014 Ram 6.7 CC DRW
2006 Charger RT
X96mnn is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 781
Just a thought. If dealer was to take a known damaged unit on trade, do you think they would pay top dollar, or would the trade be worth less. I don't think I would take it, but there is the possibility of a good deal here. The damage will be documented & it will still be under warranty. Decisions, decisions, but don't see how they can make you take it. Good luck whatever you decide. Also, at least dealer was up front with you about it; that says something about their integrity.
__________________
Papa GLS is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
papa. Not sure of that "still be under warranty" Most new items that are damaged have a much lower price tag and minimum warranty. I believe.
__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 07:00 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 781
You are probably right mike.t. In that case, no warranty, I would in no way take it.
__________________
Papa GLS is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
camper1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 778
I couldn't take it. Every time I took a trip I would be thinking the trailer was damaged and there is something going to break someone because of it
__________________
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
2011 GMC 2500HD Diesel
camper1999 is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
mike.t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norcal
Posts: 2,005
camper. That or damn it. I new i should not have bought it. Speaking of bought it the OP has probably moved on from this and chuckling about all the replies;o)
__________________
2015 Salem 27RKSS
2015 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Cummins
55' Chevy Bel-Air
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline  
Old 05-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #50
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by X96mnn View Post
LOL at 90% of the comments. Before you quote me do not take offence and consider yourself in the other 10% if taking offence.

99% of the unites will, have taken a harder hurt via a pothole while being towed to a camp site or while they were being hauled at 90mph for delivery. I would take the opertunity to get myself a great discount on a brand new RV though.

You have stated no visible signed of damage, get into the front cubby with a flashlight and check the frame out well. Again get a discount but I would not be scared away.
Yeah, I looked up in the nose, I checked to see if the walls were bulging, ran the slides in and out multiple times, etc. As I said, the initial phone call proceeded my initial post, and sounded much worse. Upon seeing the unit, it wasn't as bad... We negotiated for a further discounted price, as well as a written commitment for the dealer to cover anything deemed related to the front cap damage.
__________________

__________________
lostpatriot1974 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
dealer, truck

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 PM.