Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 12:58 PM   #41

Sorry medicine lapse. So last. Are you thinking about keeping this ride?

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
Old 05-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #42

Refuse to accept the 5th wheel!

PATIENCE is ALWAYS a VIRTUE, as you know, especially in this particular scenario as it is your money and not their's that is at stake! I think the VIN annotation is a
super one and would strive to make note of that when you can based on the intelligence of that reply ...excellent!

Don't forget that YOU want to be a HAPPY CAMPER and not one that is faced with a multitude of problems while camping so don't succumb and get only the unscathed, new one!! If you are really chomping at the bit perhaps you could rent until you take possession of your new one, again? Again...think HAPPY camping and none other than! Good luck! -PB

Old 05-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #43

If the dealer patches this unit up and dumps it at a auction or on their lot what about the next poor dude, you think he/she is going to be told about damage? I don't think so!
Old 05-24-2015, 05:45 PM   #44

LOL at 90% of the comments. Before you quote me do not take offence and consider yourself in the other 10% if taking offence.

99% of the unites will, have taken a harder hurt via a pothole while being towed to a camp site or while they were being hauled at 90mph for delivery. I would take the opertunity to get myself a great discount on a brand new RV though.

You have stated no visible signed of damage, get into the front cubby with a flashlight and check the frame out well. Again get a discount but I would not be scared away.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:53 PM   #45

Just a thought. If dealer was to take a known damaged unit on trade, do you think they would pay top dollar, or would the trade be worth less. I don't think I would take it, but there is the possibility of a good deal here. The damage will be documented & it will still be under warranty. Decisions, decisions, but don't see how they can make you take it. Good luck whatever you decide. Also, at least dealer was up front with you about it; that says something about their integrity.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:57 PM   #46

papa. Not sure of that "still be under warranty" Most new items that are damaged have a much lower price tag and minimum warranty. I believe.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:00 PM   #47

You are probably right mike.t. In that case, no warranty, I would in no way take it.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:10 PM   #48

I couldn't take it. Every time I took a trip I would be thinking the trailer was damaged and there is something going to break someone because of it
Old 05-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #49

camper. That or damn it. I new i should not have bought it. Speaking of bought it the OP has probably moved on from this and chuckling about all the replies;o)
Old 05-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by X96mnn View Post
LOL at 90% of the comments. Before you quote me do not take offence and consider yourself in the other 10% if taking offence.

99% of the unites will, have taken a harder hurt via a pothole while being towed to a camp site or while they were being hauled at 90mph for delivery. I would take the opertunity to get myself a great discount on a brand new RV though.

You have stated no visible signed of damage, get into the front cubby with a flashlight and check the frame out well. Again get a discount but I would not be scared away.
Yeah, I looked up in the nose, I checked to see if the walls were bulging, ran the slides in and out multiple times, etc. As I said, the initial phone call proceeded my initial post, and sounded much worse. Upon seeing the unit, it wasn't as bad... We negotiated for a further discounted price, as well as a written commitment for the dealer to cover anything deemed related to the front cap damage.

Tags
dealer, truck