Old 09-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
07 31 rkle cardinal 5th wheel

Our 07 31 rkle has been to Florida and back four times. On each trip I noticed that the seams around the overhang area would split open, and that lag bolts in the closet area were pulled out. On the last trip everthing opened up even greater, and there was a lot of flexing in the hitch pin area. When the cover under the bedroom was removed we saw torn metal and could see movement between the chassie and coach. Even though the unit was out of warrenty, I called my local RV dealer and informed them of my problem. They took pictures and sent these to Forest River. I received a call from Forest River and they said they would repair the problem and reimburse me for fuel and tolls. I made the 640 mile round trip and was very pleased with how they took care of the problem. As of this date I have not seen any seams open. Also, as of this date I have not been reimbursed for my $330 in expenses. Regarding tires, I was informed that they are not using ST tires anymore and are going to LT because of all the problems with Chinese tires. I had problems with ST after only two trips down south. I now have LT and have so far no problems. They run noticable cooler and are American made.

yendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
Great news.

Good Forest River.

milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
Sorry to read about your problem, but I'm sure glad that Forest River helped you out.
Jim and Jane
2008 Cardinal 30TS
Trail Air Pin Box, Center Point Suspension
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel, cardinal

« Height | Waxing »