Old 11-01-2016, 12:58 PM   #1

2005-2006 Cardinal 30TS Side decals cracked and faded

Looking for a complete set of decals for my fifth wheel.
Sun baked decals are faded and cracked.
Does anyone know where I can get these?

GarDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:15 AM   #2

Decals

Good Morning Gardan,

I am so sorry to hear that your decals are faded and cracked! If you call our parts department at 574-206-7600 they will be able to take care of that for you.

byoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #3

Decals

I had my factory dealer replace the decals on my trailer. The new decals were were not in the original place. Service manager agreed and they had another tech install another set. This time the decals were terribly water spotted which would not rub out. The service guy assured me the spots would come off next wash. Of course they did not.

Fast forward many years, my wife has painted over a couple of decals that began to crack. She used a brush on them over a year ago.

We were told you can't paint the decals. We did and I think the decals look better than dealer mess. That is my 2 cents on this issue.
billmac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:39 PM   #4

Whether you can actually get them from FR parts is questionable. They usually dont stock decals for anything other than current model year. You will be far better off searching out a mobile sign shop in your area. They can cut and install duplicates for you right at home. Not cheap, but likely the second best option.
Of corse the best option would be to remove the old ones, mask, sand and paint new ones on. Bit expensive, but once and done if you use quality automotive paints.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:43 AM   #5

Money; money; money!!! Decide on a level of satisfaction. If you want high quality; go PREVOST.

As stated in this thread; places like FAST SIGNS can make anything at any size. If you cannot get what you want from the factory, something creative might be an option. Dare to be different!

Also; there are VERY CREATIVE air brush artists around the country. We have used them for motorcycle designs back in the Gold Wing days!
Unbelievable artistry. In the rv bz, most work is on the rear panel of top tier motor homes.

Or; just live with the fade.

Roll on 😁
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal, crack