Old 04-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #1

2007 cardinal LE 33TS

We recently purchased a used 2007 cardinal LE 33TS. I am reasonalbly able to do my own service work. I am trying to reslove two problems. I can fix most issues once the problem is identified. Does anyone have any advice for these situations?

(1) The large dome light in the bedroom (not plastic one) on the ceiling does not turn on. No fuses blown. Used VOM and determined that everything is functioning properly. However, I discovered that there is no power (12V) to the light. Reading some previous threads on this forum, I've discovered that there are no wiring diagrams available from FR. Currently have removed the fittings from the ceiling and am trying to trace the wire from the electrical box to its connection or source of power. Does anyone know where the wire connects,draws it's power or has an idea why the light is not working?

(2) I've connected city water and purged all lines of air. Filled the hotwater heater and purged the hot lines again. Everything worked fine. Added water to the holding tank and tested the pump. Seemed to deliver hot water and shut itself off just fine. But, when the cold water is turned on it acts like it is expelling air and water. If I turn the cold water off, the pump continues to run. I've gone to the basement and any other fitting junction I can locate and checked and snugged them up if needed - they all seem tight. Problem still exists. I have not checked the connection at the storage tank. I assume I'd have to remove some of the underbelly covering to get at it? Noted one possibility for an air leak. The outside shower seems to draw air (near the point where the hose connects) when either valve is closed. Is this normal? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

lmcardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #2

I found an air lock on one of the water lines and eliminate it. Pump is working fine now.

Still need help on the lack of power to the light. Limited reach but wire seems to go toward cupboards or, possibly, the air conditioner.

Old 04-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Grape Escape

Large light fixture in Bedroom is 120 volt. Are you hooked up to shore power?
Cardinals have both 120v and 12 volt lighting. Any of the glass domed fixtures are 120v
Check for tripped circuit breaker if you have not already
Ps Welome to Forest River Forum. You may want to check the Cardinal owners forum as well. Lots of info
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #4

Electrical problem

dezolen,

Thank you for your thoughts.

I determined that it was 120V. Light bulb is FEIT 130 V, 60W. No matter, still no power at the junction box.

Yes, I am connected to a conventional 120V power supply that I always use for the RV when I have the unit parked.

Yes I checked breakers and many more things. All have failed to resolve problem.

I've emailed FR. Perhaps they can provide some advice.

Thanks for the welcome to the forum and suggestion on the owners forum. I'll check it out.

We are selling a 2005 29LE RK that looks a lot like yours.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #5

For those who considered my electrical question, I've resolved tehe problem. The light fixture in the bed room is switched at the entry way into the RV. The switch seemed to be loose. I was able to get power to the light fixture after pusing the toggle switch firmly in the "on position" and then back to the "off position" several times. I reassembled the light fixture and tested it again. Seems to work fine.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #6

Sorry I was late, we have a 08 Cardinal and there are 3, 120 switches by the door the center one for us controls the bedroom light.

I think you might find some wiring diagrams on the Cardinal RV Club site. They are a great group if you have questions on your Cardinal.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:51 AM   #7

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcardinal View Post
For those who considered my electrical question, I've resolved tehe problem. The light fixture in the bed room is switched at the entry way into the RV. The switch seemed to be loose. I was able to get power to the light fixture after pusing the toggle switch firmly in the "on position" and then back to the "off position" several times. I reassembled the light fixture and tested it again. Seems to work fine.
Pull the switch and give it a spray of WD40. That usually does the trick on those types of switches. Probably a dirty internal switch contact. WD40 is a miracle drug on that type of problem. Don't get aggressive with it. "A little dab'll do ya".

Travel Hog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal