Old 04-07-2018, 06:00 PM   #1
PPST Wannabe

2014 Cardinal 3850RL

Looking around at used 5th wheels for friends and we spotted the above unit with a 2013 Dodge 3500 DRW. Itís being sold as a package. Looks sweet.

My question....did a walk around the entire unit...Cardinal tires new 11/16. The outside full body paint job looks great....frameless windows. Looks well taken care of. Inside....again....looks well cared for from everything I saw. The only issue I saw was on the interior ceilings in both the bedroom and kitchen/living rooms. Each section of ceiling panels, has a seam of plastic to hide the joins of each panel. In several instances, the ceiling material of each panel had pulled back at the joins. It was evident at several joins, and maybe just pulled back 1/8Ē to 1/4Ē.

Might this be an indication of roof leaking? Does anyone else out there with an equivalent year Cardinal have any experience or explanation? Other than this.....this complete package looks incredible for a price near $85,000.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #2

I've got a 14' model 3850rl and I've never noticed anything like your describing. I've only owned it since January but I'm pretty observant. Pictures would be helpful.

Rbare31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #3

I have a 13 and there is one seam short like that. Just lousy workmanship by whomever was measuring and cutting. The way to tell for water damage is to fee the wall if it has pimple like protrusions coming out of the wall then ware has gotten it there. Get up on the roof and walk on it there should be no soft spots. Same with the floor. Check front closet also.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, cardinal