Old 04-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #1

2015 3675 cardinal

Does anyone know where the shut off valve for water supply for a cardinal 3675 refrigerator is?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #2

Forest River acts as though this is the first 5th wheel they ever made. I have contacted them a total of 5 times and have received 4 different answers to this question. All of which were incorrect. And don't even think of buying a 5th wheel at Tom Raper's (now Camping World at Richmond, Indiana). They talk a good story to sell you the unit, but forget it if you need service. I've made 7 phone calls to get this question answered. All I get is voice mail and they never call you back. And with a MSRP of $90,000 you would think they would provide a owner's manual specific to that particular model. I was looking at a Keystone Montana 5th wheel when I bought this Cardinal. Boy did I make a bad choice! If anyone has one of these pieces of s--t and know where the shut off valve is please let me know

Old 04-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #3

There is not a cut off you will have to install one yourself
fenderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #4

Well I finally found it if anyone is interested. I tore all the carpeted walls out of the storage compartment (remember this is a brand new 5th wheel) and traced the water lines to kitchen sink, bathroom, and toilet. There was one cold water line left that I figured had to be going to the refrigerator, but it disappeared. I go inside and start searching for the stupid cut off valve. I started taking apart the cabinets trying to find where the water line had disappeared to. I was about to give up again, when I seen a louvered insert below the pantry. I had seen this before when I was buying the 5th wheel but the salesman said it was the return air vent for the furnace. I decided to take it off to see if it really was the return air. Trouble was the two holes that were meant to hold the panel on was missing and instead they had glued the panel in place. So I took the bottom drawer out of the pantry and broke into the "return air" cavity from the top. Sure enough, there it was. Just a pull push knob. On one end of the valve was the missing cold water line I had been searching for and on the other end was a 1/4 inch water line leading towards the refrigerator. I pushed the valve in and went to the refrigerator and hurray, the water worked. 24 hours later, we got ice made by the ice maker. All in all, if you got more money than you know what to do with, I would suggest buying a Cardinal. Otherwise run like hell if a salesman show you a Cardinal.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #5
bigdaddy1

I would think that the PDL would cover something as important as on/off controls for water shut-offs for your frig, hotwater heater and washer hook-ups. I can guarantee you my dealer will for me when my 3850RL is delivered!

2016 3850RL Cardinal
bigdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:53 PM   #6

BigDaddy1, I do wish you luck. I'm sure my dealer and/or Forest River would not be in business long if all coaches caused as much dissatisfied as I have had. I could have taken 5th wheel back to dealer to have all my problems solved, but since they are over 150 (round trip) miles away, and hard telling how long they would take, I decided to fix myself. We have worked on ours everyday for 1 1/2 weeks fixing all of our problems. I guess what made me the maddest was they don't make an owners manual for each specific coach. First they didn't even provide one in all the paper work they gave me when we picked it up. After complaining to my salesman about it, he notified Forest River and about 4 days later they sent me one. Trouble was it was a generic manual. Had very little or no information about the things that are important in maintence of our 5th wheel. Things like the retractable TV not working with remote unless you stood right by the TV and point it down the hole from which the TV came from (had to remove fireplace and tear down most of the cabinet to adjust it so it works properly), or the closet door in the bedroom was not on track (which we did complain about before we picked it up and they supposedly fixed it) jumped back off track after a couple of uses after we got home (found they hadn't installed channel properly at factory) which in turn caused the door banging around cause chips in the wood work around closet, of coarse the shut off valve for the refrigerator you know about, dining room table only had 1 screw holding it to the floor (made to actually have 4, but they were too lazy to put the other 3 in), also on dining room table the hinge for the table lid storage only had 3 screws (made for 10) holding it together (which in turn caused, when opening, sound like an old casket lid opening), there are cable connections (for TV) everywhere, but no labeling which ones do what (there are 3 in in utility bin outside, 2 by living and bedroom TV, and 1 by the outside TV), refrigerator doors were uneven, and chips in various places in the wood work in living area. There are probably more things, but I'm sure your tired of reading. As I said before, good luck!
Old 04-05-2015, 11:18 PM   #7

Sam most of your issues are PDI at the dealer level. The manual is on the website available for download as well.

Forest River RV Online Owners Manuals

Be careful putting screws in for the table, they will poke through the slide floor if too long. I had lots of clean up items I worked on both the TT and 5er I now own. Some serious like the main slide not working first trip. The dealer is what kept me a customer, they rebuilt and made the slide work. We traded a year later for a 5er and had some work done at Goshen for free.
You seem to be close and maybe attending can get everything up to snuff.

I hope you get the issues cleared up and get camping.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #8

B and B, I found the manuals on line, but they are just generic information. When I bought my 2013 Silverado dually I got a owners manual that has over 300 pages. And the truck cost about 2/3rds what the camper did.The owners manual for the Cardinal is about 25 pages and tells you such things as where the wheels are and how to tighten the lugs. Well duhhh. We are going to Shipshewanna in May, but hopefully if 5th wheel can get that far without falling apart, they may get an ear full.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #9
bigdaddy1

Sam2424, I am sorry that you are having so many problems but with that much investment towing 150 miles to give the dealer a chance to correct the problems may just save you a lot of time and troubles and/or add time for camping for which is the way we spend so much money on these units and tow vehicles. Guess I am lucky in that I am only 20 miles from my dealer so I can get my unit there with just a little planning and time. Happy camping!

2016 3850RL Cardinal
bigdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal