Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #1

2017 Cardinal 3950TZ

We bought the Cardinal brand new, a year old. We brought it home and the auto-leveling system worked perfectly. Now a month later, we moved it, took it off the truck and there appears to be no power to the auto leveling system. Push the on/off and nothing. Push auto leveling and nothing. Cannot get power to manual level. It is plugged into the house and is getting 13 amps to it. We expect there is a fuse that is bad but not certain where it would be. The living room slides will go in and out but none of the others. Any other suggestions? I’ve tried the pushing all 4 triangles to reset. I’ve tried pushing the front and back 5 times each and still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Lady_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #2

I don't know everything about your model but i'm assuming it is similar to ours. the living room slides are probably powered by an electrical motor (ours are). all the other slides are hydraulic powered by the same pump that is used by the level up legs. you say you are not even getting the level up control panel to turn on. obviously an electrical problem somewhere. the entire lippert system is a 12 volt system. there are several fuses for that system. but they are not in the fuse panel. one ours they are inline fuses in the electrical cables coming and going to the lippert system. you might look for them and check them. the fact that you say the bedroom slides are working says you do have 12 volt power present. if I were to guess i'd think it was something in the 12 power supply to the lippert system. can you use a voltmeter? do you have 12 volt power at the input terminals of the lippert system?
Old 05-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #3

Thank you...

We will look to the input to the Lippert system. I’ve been watching You Tube videos and trying everything I see. I’m certain it’s electrical just not sure where to find it. Thank you for your help.
Old 05-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #4

Also, there doesn’t seem to be any power to the bedroom slide, or either of the kitchen slides. The 2 living room slides are working.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:04 PM   #5

Ok, I had this problem. I had accidentally turned off the battery disconnect. Seems the hydraulic pump ONLY works from battery. The signage is odd wording, but if the red key can come out, then the batteries are not being charged, and the hydraulic pump wont work.

I don't have your model cardinal, but I am going to assume your front slides are electric like my front bedroom slide is, while the others are hydraulic, and that they work fine while plugged in.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #6

Thank you...

I checked and the battery is turned on. Still troubleshooting but I’ll take all suggestions and check them out! Happy Mother’s Day to me! LOL
Old 05-16-2018, 07:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Camper View Post
We bought the Cardinal brand new, a year old. We brought it home and the auto-leveling system worked perfectly. Now a month later, we moved it, took it off the truck and there appears to be no power to the auto leveling system. Push the on/off and nothing. Push auto leveling and nothing. Cannot get power to manual level. It is plugged into the house and is getting 13 amps to it. We expect there is a fuse that is bad but not certain where it would be. The living room slides will go in and out but none of the others. Any other suggestions? I’ve tried the pushing all 4 triangles to reset. I’ve tried pushing the front and back 5 times each and still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a 2016 cardinal 3850 and twice I have over extended one of the jacks(uneven ground) and a small circuit breaker did its job and popped. Mine is located in a galvanized electric box in the front storage compartment. Reset it and good to go.
Fireguy7542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 04:41 PM   #8

Check your battery power. 12.8 is fully charged 11.8 is about dead
Always check the strength of the power source first.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Do you mean 13 volts? Where and how are you measuring to?
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 05:22 PM   #10

Quote:
I had a problem with the slides on my Cardinal. I called Lippert tech support and resolved the issue. Yours may be a different problem so give them a call. They're a big help in helping and offering suggestions to try.
Lippert: 574-537-8900. Good luck!

Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow.
Retirement life........
pokey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal