Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #1

2017 Cardinal 3950TZ

Me again!

We are taking the folding steps off and installing he Lippert Solidstep Gen 2. We are looking for an installation video and haven’t really found one that adequately explains where we put the hinge plate as it refers to the threshold on the door. The installation instructions are rather vague. Trying to figure out if we remove the threshold plate and install the hinge plate under the threshold plate and then reinstall but that means we have to take the door closer off.

Has anyone else installed the solid stair in their coach?

Thank you!
Lady_Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #2

i have not so no advice except, i know the new cardinals can come with the solid steps. if you are near a dealer can you go visit one that has them installed and see how they are installed?
Old 06-01-2018, 08:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Camper View Post
Me again!

We are taking the folding steps off and installing he Lippert Solidstep Gen 2. We are looking for an installation video and haven’t really found one that adequately explains where we put the hinge plate as it refers to the threshold on the door. The installation instructions are rather vague. Trying to figure out if we remove the threshold plate and install the hinge plate under the threshold plate and then reinstall but that means we have to take the door closer off.

Has anyone else installed the solid stair in their coach?

Thank you!
We have a 2018 3456RL that came with the solid step. These are mounted with the mounting plate just inside the threshold, that way when you put them in travel position, they lock in place just inside the door.
wtchamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:47 PM   #4

No . We have a 13 30-30. Put one on it goes over your threshold. I will send a picClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180618_154606681.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	176409
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:56 PM   #5

The install is self explanatory when you push the steps against the threshold. That will tell you where to install the screws, and you remove the threshold plate not the threshold. Excellent upgrade!
rugersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:50 PM   #6

You can get a storage box made by Moryde to put in the hole. Amazon or eBay . About $150 or less.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:55 PM   #7

How do you like your box and what are you putting in it? I have been thinking of what stuff I would need when the steps are up like jack and lug wrench but I carry that in the truck bed tool box.
rugersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #8

Things to get to quickly . Triangles bottle jack etc. Besides it looks better then just having a hole there.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:09 PM   #9

The box is nice powder coated lockable. Comes with all the brackets and hardware. It utilizes existing step mount holes. It opens from the side at the top and swings down. I would just add a little weather stripping.

Tags
cardinal