Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #1

28 days later

Well, we took delivery of the 32TS on April 30. And we've taken it out 4 weekends in a row. None of the trips were too far from home, but each gave me a chance to drag it on varying roads and use various types of sites.

First trip was May 3-4 to Jellystone Park in Canyon Lake TX. That was close, had sewer and cable so I could try out the television wiring. And they had open spots on short notice. Seems there's no gas crunch here--all the local state parks and place we normally go were booked up.

That first trip was the working weekend--sorting out the storage of our gear, putting in the non-skid pads for the cabinets, installing MaxxAir's, flag holder, and bathroom accessories--TP holder, toothbrush holder and towel ring.

We developed two problems--the GFCI in the bathroom quit after one day, whih turned off power to the television. Had to use an extension cord to plug in at another outlet. Second problem was more serious--we developed a leak under the kitchen sink. Although we had sewer, I kept the tanks closed to check the sensors--when the galley tank got near full, water started to run out of the slide floor. A quick empty and clean up took care of the standing water.

Second trip was May 10-11 to Shertz Stone Creek RV park. This was unplanned. Some friends of ours came up to Jellystone to see the new rig, and talked us into going out again the following weekend. Found one of the 3 tank drain handles missing--checked the other two and they were also loose. Leaving this place was fun--although a pull through, the 90 degree in and out and closeness of the sites across the road as well as trees precluded a pull-out. I had to back it out with 5 or 6 movements to get it lined up on the road. But we managed not to hit anything.

Took it back to the dealer after trip 2 for the GFCI and water leak. There were also some cosmetic issues on the outside to be worked. They fixed the leak (loose connection at the flex hose/solid PVC joint) and GFCI (wired incorrectly), replaced the drain handle, but did not get to the cosmetics due to the body man being out sick. No matter on that, we have to take it back anyway for a new entry door trim piece that is stained.

Trip three was to Palmetto State Park. A favorite of mine, we had prior plans with another couple (different from the Schertz trip) to go before we purchased this one, no need to cancel now, LOL. First time with no sewer, brought the 'blue bucket' just in case another leak cropped up. No problem this time, no new issues. Also the first time I didn't have a pull through, and Palmetto is very woody. Impressed the watchful neighbors with a one time back in, LOL. Surprised myself as well!

Finally, last trip of the month--May 23-26, Choke Canyon State Park. Another back in, nailed it on the first try. I love doin that when the park is full and all the neighbors are watching the show. No new issues, but I will say that the park is very nice. First time we've been there--we normally go past it to Lake Corpus Christi. This place is better, IMO, even without the sewer.

Well, I forgot one recurring issue--that dang Concertone! I've read all the posts here about the thing, and also have an odd problem. Works great on radio, CD's, and the DVD surround is killer! But the stupid thing won't come on initially. I have to pull the fuse for a minute or two, then put the fuse back in the panel and it works all weekend. Strange. It's a ZX600. I'll mention it to the dealer when we go back to get the cosmetics fixed.

Four weekends in a row, somewhere around 600 miles alread. Some interstate driving, some county road driving, a construction zone, holiday traffice, a couple of pull throughs, a couple of back-ins, sewer, no sewer, cable, no cable. Looks like we covered it all in a few weeks! And I gotta tell you, we just love it. Neither of us has found anything we don't like yet. The designer didn't throw in any of those 'why did they put that there' type of things.

Sorry for the book--I wanted to save up the 'first use report' until I got a couple of trips under my belt. So I got four. We're taking a break--until June when we have two weekends planned.

Here's some pics (as if you haven't been on this thread long enough). These were taken on trip #2:

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
2008 F350 Lariat PSD C/C 4X4 Dually
Joe Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:23 AM   #2

Some interior pics

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #3

Last post

I never asked--I should have--if replying to add pics is against the TOS, please accept my apologies.

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
Old 05-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #4

Thanks for sharing and I like that Cardinal.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
Site Team

Hey, I enjoyed reading it!
Thanks for sharing.
While we're stuck at home waiting for my wife's leg to mend it's
fun to read other folks adventures.
Peace!
Dan D. Lew-uh-vull Kentucky!!
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #6

Thanks for sharing... the Cardinal is a very nice trailer ... enjoy it!
RV-Open Roader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal