Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2019, 09:09 AM   #1

Unhappy 3250 no power inside after unplugging from power supply

It's been a couple of interesting camping trips this year with the Cardinal. First time out this year shower door wheel fell off. Took it back to the dealer no problem put it back together away we go. Second trip out the other shower door wheels fall off, so why didn't the tech look at the other wheels while he had it apart ? Good question, trip back to the dealer and anyway all fixed and I had them use red lock tite on the screws. This past weekend get the camper all loaded up go to close the slides up they hardly moved and was very jerky. Finally get them in and head to the dealer again. I told them we were on our way camping so they got us right in. I told them I thought it was the touch pad but they had to check everything out. They replaced the touch pad and all is good. Start packing up to come home, frig is on gas all set to go unplug the camper and the frig stops running. What the hell now, go inside and no power to anything inside the camper, no lights nothing. Had to plug it back in to close up the camper as I had no power to the touch pad. The odd thing is the little light by the entry way still worked while it is unplugged and I could use the outside touch pad to retract the leveling and set the hitch height without being plugged in. So it looks like another trip back to the dealer.
No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #2

You pull that thing to a dealer just to put shower door wheels back on? You aren't going to get much camping time in.

Sounds as if your battery disconnect switch is "off". A couple things are not shut off even when the battery switch is in the "off" position, like the LP gas detector.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:58 AM   #3

Agreed on the battery disconnect switch. Look in the basement for the "red key". The wording is confusing, but the long/short of it, is if you can remove the key, then the batteries are disconnected, and not being charged. I suspect that was the problem with the slides not coming in as well even though you state the dealer replaced the keypad and all was well. That battery disconnect is pretty worthless in my opinion, as when it is used to disconnect the batteries, there are still some parasitic loads like the lp detector that will drain the batteries. Just leave it on all the time, and if needed, disconnect the lead at the battery, or install a disconnect right there at the battery, so that you *know* everything is off.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power