Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #1

3450 quality

We have a new 2013 3450RL, and we have found the quality to be outstanding. We had a Sterling Wildcat before this and found it to be very well made also. Forest River will always stand behind and make a new unit right. They fixed things in units way out of warranty at the Goshen, IN rally. They went through our unit from one end to the other and found and fixed some items I didn't know needed repairing. Rod Batts and his team at the warranty repair center are just wonderful. They are one of the main reasons we said we will not own anything but a Forest River product. We heard that statement over and over at the rally. Actions are truer than words. We are owners of an outstanding unit, have experienced outstanding dealer service (United RV in Fort Worth), and a proven manufacturer standing behind it. If you are having an issue with your unit, call Rod at the factory. Many manufacturers turn their back on customers. Based on personal experience, this will not be a problem with a Cardinal or any Forest River product. Since our experience at the factory, my son, my brother and we have bought new Forest River units, and we all love them.
MABradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #2

Update. Over 1000 miles , one month of use,one light needed adjustment(5 min),perfect otherwise.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #3

Glad to hear you are having great luck with your Cardinal. I know mine is an 08 and about all I have had to do is rework the kitchen drawers and the shower door. Guess I should knock on wood as long as talking about it. Use it and enjoy it.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #4

I have a 2011 3450 and after adding missing insulation to the front cap and a few other things it has been free of trouble. We camped 89 nights last year, only 15 nights in a campground! We love it!
rugersdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #5

Over two months and 1500 miles and just outstanding. We just love our 2013 3450.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #6

I have a 2008 and put at least 3000 miles a year on some pretty bad road and we have not had any problems besides replacing batteries, tires and the like. When we first got the 30TS we had a couple of items but the dealer took good car of them.
chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #7

We have a 2008 30rkls. We love our Cardinal and the rear kitchen. We go to all of the RV shows near Tampa and have seen nothing that we like better. Love the layout, the quality and the way it tows. My wife and I get giddy every time we go to pick up "The Bird". Some weeks we will pull it to a local campground and just stay out there and commute to work from the campground. Only thing that has gone wrong is the gray tank leaked this year and we had to get it repaired. We bought ours used last May. Have camped about 40 nights and pulled it about 4,000 mile including some pretty crazy SC mountain roads.
sor126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABradley View Post
Over two months and 1500 miles and just outstanding. We just love our 2013 3450.
We are home and we had three months and just over 3000 miles on the road. The Cardinal was just wonderful and we look forward to leaving mid May for 6000 miles and thee months again. See you at the rally in Indiana in Aug. . In our minds there is not a better fiver out there. It exceeds our expectations for half timing or full timing
Old 04-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #9

I am glad to hear you had a good time and hopefully many more.
ohioHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:53 PM   #10

We have a 2005 33TS-LX and had a long list of fixes the first year. We now have 26,000 miles on it and haven't seen a new 5th wheel that I would want to trade it in for. I have done quite a bit of enhancements like installing flat screen TV's, installing Satellite dome on roof and a bunch of miscellaneous things. We love our floor plan which was discontinued in 2006.
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote