Old 08-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #1

3824FL AC issues

Guys I need help. I have 2 dometic ac units on my camper and the rear unit hasn't been working well the last few days. The rear unit always kept the bedroom the coldest room in the house now it's not. It fells humid in the bedroom and the ac never shuts off. Sometimes it blows cold air and then others just cool air. Now today I'm having terrible issues with sewer gas smells on top of that. I've turned on my ceiling vent fans to get the smell out which is also pulling out the cold air. Please any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Old 08-13-2016, 11:29 AM   #2

If you are in a very humid area you might want to check and see if your unit is icing over because of the high humidity. Also make sure the filters are clean to allow maximum air flow. with regard to the smell run some water in each trap and ensure there is a water seal on the toilet.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #3

It has been very humid the last few days. I'll climb up to to check for icing. If they are iced over what can I do?

The filters are clean.
I'll run water in all the drains and see if it helps. Thanks!
Old 08-13-2016, 11:34 AM   #4

BTW its a 3825fl not 3824 if that even exists. Lol
Old 08-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #5

Ran water in all the drains except washer and still have smell.
Climbed on roof and their not icing over. I did notice the sewer smell coming out of the washer vent so when I climbed down I closed the drain for the washer. Hoping that helps with the smell.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #6

Take your outside sewer hose and drop down a section of it to also make a p trap . Just shut your AC off and it will defrost .
Old 08-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #7

I've got a section of the sewer pipe in a U to trap water. I must not have had it bent enough bc shutting the drain for the washer stopped the smell. Thanks
Old 08-13-2016, 12:18 PM   #8

did you ever resolve the rear a/c? we have a 2015 3825fl and would like to learn all I can. we did have a problem with the front a/c but it was flashing an error code on the thermostat. it turned out to be a faulty freeze sensor up in the a/c which was replaced under warranty. have you double checked to see if the thermostat is flashing any error codes. i'm assuming the rear one will but on ours the rear thermostat is different than the front thermostat as the rear a/c has the heat pump also.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:23 PM   #9

It never threw any codes. I believe SeaDog was right in that the humidity was causing it to freeze up bc early this morning I shut it off for about an hour and it seems to be cooling fine now.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #10

Well ac seems to be working well now and the smell is gone which is great. Now, this evening I start to hear a rattling sound coming from one of the vents above the bed. I pop the vent cover off and use my phone too look around in the vent and this is what I find. I stick my arm in to try to fix it but can't reach it. Not sure what I'm going to do now. I guess I'll be calling the dealer to come fix it. It's under warranty. I'm sure the reason it hasn't been cooling as well is the tear in the duct tape. What a day. Lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471139216984.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	117166