Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #1

3825FL

Hello, anyone have trouble with the remote for the slides/awning and lights? I've put a new battery in it, push the buttons and the lights come on but doesn't do anything. Any ideas?
racindirt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #2

I've used my remote a couple times when I was setting up alone to be able to watch the drivers side slide come out when near obstacles. I've found the remote a little sketchy too. I cannot get it to turn on/off the yellow lights. I can get it to open close the main awning.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #3

Do you have 2 remotes? One doesn't work anything, one works the front slides and the main awning. I'm wondering if the other should operate the other slides.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Newsoms View Post
Do you have 2 remotes? One doesn't work anything, one works the front slides and the main awning. I'm wondering if the other should operate the other slides.

Unit only came with one.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #5

Mine is a 2012 Cardinal and the remote is antique, but it works. It just goes through batteries like crazy.
Your remote is most likely digital and may require reprogramming. My daughters was acting up and the dealer "reprogrammed" it and it works fine now. Also, where you are standing in relation to where the receiver is located may also make it operate intermittently or not at all. You may want to walk around the outside of the RV and/or lower the remote so as to "aim" the signal up under the RV to see if that helps it to hit the receiver.
If none of that helps then it sounds like a phone call to the Service Manager at your Dealer is in order.
2014 Ford F350 CC LB FX4 6.7LPSD 3:55 E-Locker
Bellville, Texas
Austin County "Colonial Capital of Texas"
CMelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMelder View Post
Mine is a 2012 Cardinal and the remote is antique, but it works. It just goes through batteries like crazy.
Your remote is most likely digital and may require reprogramming. My daughters was acting up and the dealer "reprogrammed" it and it works fine now. Also, where you are standing in relation to where the receiver is located may also make it operate intermittently or not at all. You may want to walk around the outside of the RV and/or lower the remote so as to "aim" the signal up under the RV to see if that helps it to hit the receiver.
If none of that helps then it sounds like a phone call to the Service Manager at your Dealer is in order.

Thanks for the help
Old 01-19-2019, 11:05 PM   #7

They must have had issues? My 2018 3825 FL has two awnings but no remote!
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:41 PM   #8

No loss on the remote! Enjoy your new 3825!
Old 01-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #9

go check the fuses in the receiver / control unit. they are standard automotive fuses. there will be one for each function; awning, lights, and slides. the fuse for a function is used by both the remote and the manual switch for that function. if the remote function does not work and the manual switch for that function does not work it may be the fuse. if either the remote or the manual switch for a function work it is not the fuse. the remote is a bit flaky but it works. the receiving antenna for it is inside the trailer up in the front. i'm not sure about its range if outside. i extend the slides in the area right inside the front entry door.