Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #1

Auxiliary Cable Wiring in 2019 Cardinal

My 2019 Cardinal has three coax cable inputs: "Sat", "Cable", and "Aux". I am successfully using the RV "Sat" RV Circuit input from a King Tailgater Pro.
This dish has two supply lines and requires a receiver for each. My problem is that I have tried to use the Auxiliary input for the second Dish input cable without success. What is the Aux input for and how is it configured. Can I use it with the second Dish cable input to provide signal to the second receiver in my Bedroom? If not, are there any suggestion on how to connect the second Dish Cable input to the Bedroom TV short of running the second input through a window.
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #2

I piggyback off the comp plugs on the receiver and run a RF modulator box from the LR tv using top cable connector jack that is common with the top cable jack in the bedroom.Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar1558215568.052057.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	204886Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar1558215598.522032.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	202.5 KB
ID:	204887Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar1558215649.583450.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	204888Click image for larger version

Name:	Avatar1558215667.555490.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	204889
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:48 PM   #3

you will want to pull the basement bulkhead and look behind the water panel. On my 2017 3850RL, there was nothing connected to the backside of the AUX feed connector. Also, the line from the SAT connector went to a splitter that then went to each TV. For your case, you will want to remove the splitter, and reconnect the SAT connection to one of them, and run another coax from the backside of the AUX connector to the other, giving you your 2 direct runs to two tv's. In my case, I run DirecTV with SWM, so the splitter was fine.

I hope this helps.

Dave

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:30 PM   #4

I drilled a new hole on the outside and installed a new plug for the line from my Tailgater. Then I direct wired from that plug to the receiver. So as noted earlier, you may have to do the same and direct wire to the bedroom. The guy from Dish said I needed a direct wire all the way to the receiver.

Ram 2500 / FR Surveyor 251rks
debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #5

In my 2016 Cardinal I had to change the connectors behind the panel. It works fine for my second receiver in the bedroom now.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:30 PM   #6

Just went thru all this on my 2017 Cardinal. Looks like you have Dish, as do I, which is different than Direct. I mounted my Tailgater on the roof, but also have the tripod to mount the dish on the ground if trees are in the way. So there's a loop which should be white colored coax in the ceiling of the basement, and it comes out of a hole with a bunch of other coax cables. Identify the loop (it comes out and goes back in with plenty of slack), cut it and put ends on them. It is a solid length that runs from your living room to the bedroom and if you cut it you can then run your cables to your dish. You will probably have to remove the bulkhead (a few screws) and from the back of the water cabinet you can run short lengths of coax to the cables you cut, then run the longer lengths to your dish. My 3 coax connectors on the back of the water cabinet had no cables running from there! PM me if you need more info. Good luck!
bmrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #7

Could Not find splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
you will want to pull the basement bulkhead and look behind the water panel. On my 2017 3850RL, there was nothing connected to the backside of the AUX feed connector. Also, the line from the SAT connector went to a splitter that then went to each TV. For your case, you will want to remove the splitter, and reconnect the SAT connection to one of them, and run another coax from the backside of the AUX connector to the other, giving you your 2 direct runs to two tv's. In my case, I run DirecTV with SWM, so the splitter was fine.

I hope this helps.

Dave
Dave, I pulled the basement bulkhead and also found nothing connected to the "AUX" terminal. I pulled the cable from the "SAT" connection as far as I could but did not find a splitter. Bummer! Was the splitter on your unit close to the bulkhead cover that you removed?
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
Dave, I pulled the basement bulkhead and also found nothing connected to the "AUX" terminal. I pulled the cable from the "SAT" connection as far as I could but did not find a splitter. Bummer! Was the splitter on your unit close to the bulkhead cover that you removed?
You can remove the plate in the bedroom and see what color coax is there. I had white and gray. One went directly to the living room and the other went to the auxiliary. I have heard of the auxiliary line just laying behind the bulkhead.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 06:06 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
The splitter was screwed to the basement floor about 3' from where the coax connected to the back side of the water panel. this is on my 3850RL. Seems every unit might be a bit different.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal, wiring, cable