Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #1

Bedroom slide retracting too far

So, on my 2017 3850RL, I've had an ongoing problem with my Bedroom slide (accu-slide cables) that has been to dealer a few times, and to Cardinal Factory twice, and still not resolved. What is happening is that the bedroom slide retracts(closes) too far, putting too much pressure on the bottom of the slide fascia that overlaps, and seals to the trailer body when closed causing it to separate from the slide body itself. From new, and in a very short time, this has caused the bolts/screws that hold it to pull loose/break to the point that the bottom fascia gets loose, and the caulk fails. Dealer and factory have attempted repairs a few times now, the latest being last fall at the factory. I was told they removed it, did find that there was some water leakage, and resealed with butyl tape, re-caulked, and used beefier lag screws. Tech from Norco came out to the factory, and did the slide adjustments. Most of this summer, it has held up OK. I just noticed however, that it is starting to separate on the bottom again, near the corner.

At the locations where the cables enter the trailer body, are rubber bumpers at all 4 cable locations. All I can think of to do, would be to experiment with adding additional rubber thickness at those locations so that when closed, those cable brackets mounted to the slide take the majority of closing pressure against the slide frame, which in turn should reduce and close to eliminate the problem with excessive pressure on the fascia and pulling away. The experiment will be to determine how much thickness I need to alleviate the problem without adding too much so that the slide doesn't close far enough.

Am I on the right track? Has anyone else seen this? What I plan on trying is to use these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 immediately above and below each cable entry location for the brackets to close against. The larger ones are about 3/4" square, and 3/16" thick, and the smaller ones are 1/2" square, and just under 1/4" thick.

Feedback, other ideas are welcome.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:41 AM   #2

slide issue

Hi Dave, I will look at mine today and see if i can relate TO what your talking about and see if I can suggest something to help!
RVBILL
RVBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:00 AM   #3

Thanks Bill. I think the problem (on my rig) may be that the outside cable standoffs are mounted too close to the slide end, making the fascia come into contact with the side wall. If they were move in a bit further, they would act as the slide stops against the frame. I've added addition rubber stops at the cable entry points. We will see if that resolves the problem.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
Thanks Bill. I think the problem (on my rig) may be that the outside cable standoffs are mounted too close to the slide end, making the fascia come into contact with the side wall. If they were move in a bit further, they would act as the slide stops against the frame. I've added addition rubber stops at the cable entry points. We will see if that resolves the problem.

I looked and you’res may be different than my bedroom slide , no cables unless their under the bed , and didn’t tear all that apart .
Old 08-26-2019, 07:03 AM   #5

Thanks for looking Bill. you probably have a hydraulic slide for the BR.

Old 08-27-2019, 03:48 AM   #6

yes it is Dave, good luck !
Bill

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide