Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #1

black water valve

I have a 2008 cardinal 30ts. Have to replace the black water valve. How is the best way to get to the valve. Does anyone have a part number for the valve. Any help would be appreciated.
cobramustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #2

Whats wrong with the valve???

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #3

What kind of valve do you have? The ones I have seen on the market are like an oblong flat box with the handle extending from them. Mine has a long cable running to the valve and the handle is mounted on a flange dropping down from the trailer side. Black and grey water handles side by side. Mine needs to be replaced but I have not seen a configuration like it on the market. I will be interested to follow this thread to find out what yours are like and what responses you get.
Campingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #4

waste valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmall View Post
Whats wrong with the valve???

It's real hard to pull. Now it won't open to drain. Been looking in a parts book and it looks like there are two different sizes. I think I need a 3 in valve. My valve has a cable that runs from the outside shower to the valve. My question is do I need to come from the bottom of the RV or can I get to it another way.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campingshadow View Post
What kind of valve do you have? The ones I have seen on the market are like an oblong flat box with the handle extending from them. Mine has a long cable running to the valve and the handle is mounted on a flange dropping down from the trailer side. Black and grey water handles side by side. Mine needs to be replaced but I have not seen a configuration like it on the market. I will be interested to follow this thread to find out what yours are like and what responses you get.

It's real hard to pull. Now it won't open to drain. Been looking in a parts book and it looks like there are two different sizes. I think I need a 3 in valve. My valve has a cable that runs from the outside shower to the valve. My question is do I need to come from the bottom of the RV or can I get to it another way.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #6

The way you are describing the conditions you will have to access the valve from beneath the trailer. It might be just an adjustment at the cable so when you pull the handle the cable pulls the valve blade open.
I know I was having problems with my cables on my black and galley tank right after purchase. I had the dealer remove the cables on those two tanks and install manual pull handles on both of those tanks...
My cables were mounted along the side of the frame rails between the pull handles and valve.

Bill
2020 GMC Duramax-3500HD 4x4 CrewCab
B&W Companion 25K Fifth Wheel Hitch
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS (West Coast Model)
56 Gallon Titan Tank
bsmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #7

Once you remove the sheet metal covering the underside of the unit you will find the valve easy to change out. Yes there are two sizes the smaller one if for the grey tanks while the larger for the black. You may want to think about changing to direct pull instead of the cable. I know on my cardinal I have three direct pulls they dilled a hole through the frame for the rods. When its time to replace the valves I will be leaving the old in (open) and installing the new in a spot open and easier to do maintance on.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #8

Hmmmm...direct pull? I had my son check mine setup and the cable pull had gotten stuck in the "out" position. He discovered that it has a round shaft that tapers down to a hexagon shape and it was not aligning properly for the hexagon to go in and out smoothly. First chance I get I am changing them to a more smoothly operating system. Just need to find out what that is? *smile*
Campingshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #9

If your tanks are full and will not open I would not try to change the valves. Take it to a dealer. If the tanks are full and you remove the valve you will have a big mess in your yard and a lot of upset neighbours.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black water