Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #1

Unhappy Brake and turn signals do not work on 06 Cardinal 5th WH

I have a 2006 Cardinal 30TS 5th wheel. All the lights were working fine but I suddenly lost my brake and turn signal lights, both L & R. I looked for fuses but cannot find them. I checked and actually rewired all the connections in the metal box on the hitch but this was not the problem. Can you help me?
Dennis Thul
thuld01@comcast.net
DThul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DThul View Post
I have a 2006 Cardinal 30TS 5th wheel. All the lights were working fine but I suddenly lost my brake and turn signal lights, both L & R. I looked for fuses but cannot find them. I checked and actually rewired all the connections in the metal box on the hitch but this was not the problem. Can you help me?
Dennis Thul
thuld01@comcast.net
The fuses you seek are most likely on your tow vehicle not the camper itself.
Most newer vehicles have separate fuses for the trailer so if a fuse blows the trucks lights still work fine.

Welcome to the forum.
Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply and welcome message. I did not know about the separate fuses and that makes sense since the truck lights do work. My truck is a 2012 Ford F 350. Do you know where these fuses are located?
Thanks again.
DThul
DThul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #4

turn signals

this may not apply but may be worth checking.
About a month ago I lost my turn signals on my 2005 F250. Long story short, replaced F27 fuse and vacuume pump. That F27 fuse took a long time to find as it was not listed in my owners manual.

Good Luck
Ed
ezawacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #5

I believe the fuses will be in the fuse box under the hood in the engine compartment
CypressNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezawacki View Post
this may not apply but may be worth checking.
About a month ago I lost my turn signals on my 2005 F250. Long story short, replaced F27 fuse and vacuume pump. That F27 fuse took a long time to find as it was not listed in my owners manual.

Good Luck
Ed
Have you checked the owners manual, as Ed pointed out, to see if it has a listing of the fuses and their location in the fuse box. A lot of the time there is a schematic on the inside of the fuse box cover that tells what each fuse controls...........or you can also just look for a blown fuse if it's that type, and not a relay..

You can also start at page 323 here:

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../12f23og4e.pdf

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:30 AM   #7

Had similar problem, which turned out to be poor and/or corroded connection between the trailer and truck.. Applied some di-electric grease to the trailer plug and worked it in and out of the socket a few time. Painlessly fixed the problem and now I do it annually to ensure good contact. Should be able to get the grease at a auto supply or electronic store.
gbpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DThul View Post
Thanks for the reply and welcome message. I did not know about the separate fuses and that makes sense since the truck lights do work. My truck is a 2012 Ford F 350. Do you know where these fuses are located?
Thanks again.
DThul

You will have fuses under the hood. Mine are on the drivers side up by the windshield. The exact explanation will be in your owners manual of what fuse does what.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #9

I had the same problem recently. My cable from the truck to FW shorted. It was a fuse in the engine compartment of my F250. Employee at KOA in Alamosa, CO found the problem and also happened to have the right fuse.
Big bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal, brakes