Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #1

Cardinal 3825 2918

Just got a 2018 Cardinal 3825 2018 and would like any issues that anyone was had with one? Thanks
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #2

we have a 2015 3825. no major issues but a couple of ones aggravating ones. i don't know if your model year is the same as ours.

there are two sofa slides in the front living room that operate on a motor driven cable mechanism. the in and out cables have an adjusting block in them. when you move the slide out in or out these adjusting blocks move horizontally and they pass each other. they were not adjusted properly and had too much slack in them. when they were going to pass each other they interfered with each other and caught each other so that they could not pass each other. the motor continued to run and the strain pulled the pulleys at the upper sides of the windows off the wall. we had to have this repaired. watch the slides as you move them to make sure the adjusting blocks to not get hung up.

the trailer came with a discrepancy between the actual tires installed and the tire placard on the trailer. i tried to get this resolved and got a new placard but the while the new placard had the proper tires with a greater load range it had a significantly reduced GCWR which i don't understand.

the ladder in the rear is scarry. many of the bolts holding it on are just finger tight like they are just screwed into the fiberglass wall without any backing behind it. no way would i use it.

the deadbolt on one of the door locks would not actually extend into the door frame. it was not aligned with the pocket in the door jamb. i used a file to open up the pocket so the deadbolt fully extends.

grey tank capacity was a surprise. specs said 80 gallons. that is true but what wasn't said was that it was two separate 40 gallon tanks. 40 gallons for kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and shower. another separate 40 gallon tank for washer which we do not have and cannot use. we put on a valterra twist on valve on the sewer hose output fitting and if we close that and open both the grey tank valves we can then get all 80 gallons of grey tank capacity.

then there is my pet peave. we have goodyear G614 tires. the spare is mounted to the bulkhead wall just inside the driver side storage compartment door. only problem is that you cannot get the tire out that door. to get it out you have to unload everything from the passenger side and muscle the tire out the larger passenger side door.

and of course all the loose screws and bolts, loose trim pieces, etc.

but we like it overall.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #3

Love everything but the closet. We have a 2016 and the closet is not wide enough to be able to shut the doors when there are clothes hanging. We just leave the doors open all the time. No major issues otherwise.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:03 PM   #4

2017, rear ac with heat pump went out. Had to get replaced. Gray tank valve went bad, other than that it’s a great unit. Did you get full body paint? Post some pics!!
racindirt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:06 PM   #5

I wonder if the 2018 3825 has the two 40 gallon gray water tanks? As stated above, 40 gallons for the washer and 40 gallons for the kitchen and bathroom?
I would be ok with that because I, for the first time, have a washer and drier.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal