Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2017, 06:39 PM   #1

Cardinal 3825fl

Need to know if any one has a washer and ordered it with a with there purchase and does not have a hot water hookup I got a whirlpool and there is no hot water hookup?
DaleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #2

Unless it was ordered wirh the optional washer/dryer prep there wont be any.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 06:49 PM   #3

I ordered with the washer and dryer option the wash machine has only cold water hook up
Old 09-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #4

Then I guess you need to take it back to the dealer. There should be hot, cold, and drain fittings just like you would find at home.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:01 PM   #5

It is at the dealer now they are the ones the told me about this problem
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #6

you have to be kidding? cold water only? the hot and cold should be right beside each other next to the drain. the washer drains into a tank dedicated only to it. how in the world would they put in a cold water line, a drain, and a dedicated tank plus the cabinet to enclose it all, and not have hot water also? we don't have the washer / dryer but we have all the plumbing. the only thing I could think of would be that they are now using an instant on hot water heater installed near the washer but that would require either an electrical or gas connection. have you contacted forest river? what do they say? please update the post with the information you get.
Old 09-08-2017, 07:30 AM   #7

I was told by forestriver that are starting to use a washer that has a heating element in it so maybe this is one of the first one
Old 09-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #8

interesting! if so, should there be a separate electrical receptacle for the heating element or does it run off the same receptacle and cord as the washing machine motor. the circuits for the washer and dryer should be pretty heavy circuits as they both have heating elements in them.

by the way, congratulations on the 3825. we have had one for the last couple of years and we love it. there's a couple of design issues that drive me crazy but they are more fun to rant about than actual inhibitors. enjoy!
Old 11-12-2017, 05:23 PM   #9

I have a 2017 3825fl with washer & dryer purchased with unit and I have hot and cold water. I was wondering if anyone knows where the hot water bypass is . Is it part of winterizing valve system. I always had separate valves to bypass hot water tank
Johnzielinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnzielinski View Post
I have a 2017 3825fl with washer & dryer purchased with unit and I have hot and cold water. I was wondering if anyone knows where the hot water bypass is . Is it part of winterizing valve system. I always had separate valves to bypass hot water tank
You will be far better off deleting this post and repost it as a new topic. Last reply to the OPs question was more than a month ago

Tags
cardinal