Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #1

Cardinal New Model 3055RS ???

Does anyone have any information on this new model? Cardinal has not listed any specification on their web page for this new unit. We also would like to see one. We are traveling from east to west, (now in Arkansas) so we can drive to any dealer that might have one in inventory. I keep checking Cardinal dealer web sites while we are on the road, but inventories are thin.

One dealer in Michigan has one on order and does list the pin weight at 2,600. That seems a bit high compared to the rest of the line.

Cardinal has a floor plan and it looks like a nice layout.
Reese 18K hitch - Garmin 1690 GPS
2008 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Long Box, Smartair
Nights camped in 2011: 120
Traveler II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
CampeRooo

I quick google search resulted these:

Oklahoma - Cardinal 2011 3055RS

Texas - Colonia Del Rey RV Sales Inventory Detail

Forest River's Virtual Tour - 2011 Cardinal 3055RS Virtual Tour

Utah, Ohio, & Michigan - Forest River RV Cardinal Fifth Wheels | Cardinal RV for Sale | Michigan (MI)

There were a couple more out east, one in Massachusetts - Showroom

and one in Pennsylvania - Cardinal 2011 3055RS (no picture, but a stock number existed, so they must have it or it's on order.

That's about all I see for now.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthrbelsewhere View Post
I quick google search resulted these:

Oklahoma - Cardinal 2011 3055RS

Texas - Colonia Del Rey RV Sales Inventory Detail

Forest River's Virtual Tour - 2011 Cardinal 3055RS Virtual Tour

Utah, Ohio, & Michigan - Forest River RV Cardinal Fifth Wheels | Cardinal RV for Sale | Michigan (MI)

There were a couple more out east, one in Massachusetts - Showroom

and one in Pennsylvania - Cardinal 2011 3055RS (no picture, but a stock number existed, so they must have it or it's on order.

That's about all I see for now.

Joe
Thanks alot Joe. We're in Little Rock, AK now and heading out west so I think we will stop by the dealer in Oklahoma and take a look at it. The pin weight seem high compared to other Cardinal models at 2600.

Again thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler II View Post
Thanks alot Joe. We're in Little Rock, AK now and heading out west so I think we will stop by the dealer in Oklahoma and take a look at it. The pin weight seem high compared to other Cardinal models at 2600.

Again thanks
I bought a Salem from this dealership a few years back. From what I remember they're good to deal with, but if your just looking I'm sure they're more than willing to help you out. They are located NE of Tulsa, so if your coming in state on I-40 it will be a 2 hour drive once you turn north and you'll need to use a couple of turnpikes. Let me know if you need additional directions and I'll try to help.

Good luck, Gary

P.S. Thought I might add that we are getting snow right now and it's starting to cover the ground. It's suppose to last through Tuesday morning with anywhere from 1" to 4", someplaces more. Just thought I would give you a heads up.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #5

Thanks Gary, last month we had the snowiest month on record in Minnesota. We thought we were out of the snow and cold. Here we sit in Little Rock and it's snowing, I don't think I will say anything or they will think I brought it with me.

Our Cardinal is nice and warm and we are just enjoying looking out the window at the snow and I don't have to worry about shoveling it. I'm sure in a few days it will be all gone.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler II View Post
Thanks Gary, last month we had the snowiest month on record in Minnesota. We thought we were out of the snow and cold. Here we sit in Little Rock and it's snowing, I don't think I will say anything or they will think I brought it with me.

Our Cardinal is nice and warm and we are just enjoying looking out the window at the snow and I don't have to worry about shoveling it. I'm sure in a few days it will be all gone.
What little snow we get here shouldn't phase you, compared to what your use to. Relax and enjoy it.
I live about 70 miles west of the Ark border and about 10 miles south of I-40. We have only got a couple of inches of snow, but the roads are packed a little and there are some slick places. People are still getting around OK if they need to and if they're careful. Haven't been on I-40 today, but I haven't heard of any problems.
A second snow storm is suppose to move in tonight and last through tomorrow, but they're not sure how far south it will track and so far they are only predicting about another 1"-2" for this area, more as you head north towards Tulsa.
They are forecasting a Wednesday morning low of 9°F, so get ready for that.

Stay safe and warm.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #7

In case you want to look ahead, here's a link to weather out of Tulsa; 2 Works for You Weather | KJRH-TV, 2NEWS HD | Tulsa, Oklahoma

and out of OKC; Oklahoma City Weather, Oklahoma Weather, Forecast & Weather Maps - KOCO Oklahoma City's Channel 5

Oh yeah, when traveling through Oklahoma watch out for construction on I-40 around Gore and between Okemah and Seminole.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #8

Found this info and thought it may help you out some in the next few days.

Oklahoma Department of Public Safety's hotline at 888-425-2385.
Out-of-state road conditions:
Arkansas - 800-245-1672; arkansashighways.com
Kansas - 866-511-5368; 511.ksdot.org
Missouri - 800-222-6400; modot.org
Texas - 800-452-9292; txdot.gov
Old 01-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #9

Thanks for the info. I think we will sit here in Little Rock until the roads are better. I want to stop by Claremore, OK to see that Cardinal 3055 on our way out west.

Tags