Old 10-14-2017, 08:13 PM   #1

Closet in 3825FL

Wondering if anyone who has this model has figured out something to do to the closet. It's not deep enough for the clothes to hang and the door to shut. I usually just leave the door open but I'm trying to figure out some way to hang the clothes flat across the back rather than on the bar. We have the washer dryer in the smaller closet.

The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Newsoms View Post
Wondering if anyone who has this model has figured out something to do to the closet. It's not deep enough for the clothes to hang and the door to shut. I usually just leave the door open but I'm trying to figure out some way to hang the clothes flat across the back rather than on the bar. We have the washer dryer in the smaller closet.

If you figure something please let me know! That is my 1 complaint with this unit. They should have just made the unit 6" longer for a bigger closet!

racindirt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:43 PM   #3

The wife wanted this unit until she realized you had to all but climb over the corner of the king size bed to access the closet. We didn't even realize the closet isn't wide enough. Glad she talked herself out of it
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #4

Yes, you have to squeeze by the bed to get to the closet. We cut the bed down to a queen to solve that one.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:42 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Newsoms View Post
Yes, you have to squeeze by the bed to get to the closet. We cut the bed down to a queen to solve that one.

We did the same! We love our 3825!
racindirt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:18 AM   #6

Closet solution continues

Saw this in a hotel. It slid out but that would not be a big deal. I have no idea what to call this to search for. I think it would be perfect if there is enough support.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B6DD57A8-D690-43D2-A7AF-5A16896D8296.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	160085  
Old 01-13-2018, 12:54 PM   #7

Sliding wardrobe rack. Pullout closet rod. Thing-a-hoozie...
Keystoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystoner View Post
Sliding wardrobe rack. Pullout closet rod. Thing-a-hoozie...
Wow! You were exactly right. Pull out valet is what I found. Thanks for your help! Now to see if I can make it work. ..~Teresa
Old 01-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #9

we have the same problem. we have some hangers where the hook rotates so you can out them in at an angle. most of the time we just don't close the doors. it is nearly impossible to get between the bed (we still have king size) and the doors when they are closed. the other side isn't much better. both my wife and I are large (6'7" and 6'0") so the king size bed is needed. one thing that scared us is the thin sheet of hinged plywood that the mattress is placed on. it flexed so bad we were afraid we would fall through it. I took some 2x3's and build a support wall that I put into the storage area under the mattress that would support the plywood sheet. much more stable.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:31 PM   #10

We love the camper but that bedroom could have been designed better.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:15 PM   #11

I moved the whole wall, top and bottom out 4 inched. Problem solved
Old 04-15-2018, 01:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
we have the same problem. we have some hangers where the hook rotates so you can out them in at an angle. most of the time we just don't close the doors. it is nearly impossible to get between the bed (we still have king size) and the doors when they are closed. the other side isn't much better. both my wife and I are large (6'7" and 6'0") so the king size bed is needed. one thing that scared us is the thin sheet of hinged plywood that the mattress is placed on. it flexed so bad we were afraid we would fall through it. I took some 2x3's and build a support wall that I put into the storage area under the mattress that would support the plywood sheet. much more stable.
I moved whole wall out 4 inches. Problem solved
Old 04-15-2018, 08:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwinginit View Post
I moved whole wall out 4 inches. Problem solved
So that it lines up with the washer/dryer closet? How hard was that? Did you take pictures?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #14

I only moved it out 4 inches. We didn't take photos. So the last door is right behind the light switch. You have to take the trim off with putty knifes carefully so you can move the wall out. I just took photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	closet1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	168409   Click image for larger version

Name:	closet2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	168410  
Old 04-16-2018, 08:27 AM   #15

We happen to be camping and I went and looked. It doesnít look too hard and what a good idea! We have already replaced the K mattress with a Q so it seems there is room over there. Thank you for the posts and pictures. You would think FR could have done that to start with.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:39 AM   #16

We changed out the king for a queen too. They shouldn't have given the option of a king bed. Just be sure to measure the distance so you don't bring it too far out that the slide out will hit it. Plus check your water tank. Ours would have fallen out on the road in transit if I didn't notice it. I was putting brand new tank monitors on and saw it. We live in our coach fulltime and the new monitors are way better.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:20 PM   #17

i have to admit it looks like a good job. we need the king bed so we aren't doing it.

what did you see with the tanks that was a problem? how hard was it to drop the coroplast underbelly in order to get to the tanks?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #18

Can you estimate the time it took to move that wall?
Old 04-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
i have to admit it looks like a good job. we need the king bed so we aren't doing it.

what did you see with the tanks that was a problem? how hard was it to drop the coroplast underbelly in order to get to the tanks?
It requires removing about 20 screws from the front of the unit to where the i beam height changes. The center of the top of the tank was caved in and the bottom was sagging I reinforced with 2 L brackets from I beam to I beam with 5 evenly spaced 2x8's under the tank. The factory puts 3 one quarter inch by 3 inch metal strips under the water tank these are only caulked onto the L brackets and why they fall out. When you put the plastic bottom back on be careful not to run screws into the water tank from the backside.

We moved the trim and paneling from the wall then added a 2 x 4 to the ceiling and at the top of the doors which made the wall 4 inches thicker. Replaced trim and paneling and moved the door rails out 4 inches. Once you have the materials it takes about 3 hours. I would also advise bracing the center of the clothes pole to keep it from falling. I used a 2 x 4 with a v cut in it and braced it up against the dresser top. Ours bent down and clothes fell off. We also use pvc pipe cut in half on top of hangers to keep clothes on pole while traveling. Photo showing the pipe on the hangers.

Also a big word of advice. Get under the coach and check out your springs.
With weight on the springs look at all 4 of them individually. Do they appear to be almost flat or level? Do you see wear on the inside of all your tires or any of your tires? Your coach is overweight on your 2 axles. I weighed mine and I weigh 15,240 lbs on 2 7,000 lb axles not to mention the rest of the weight in the bed of the truck. Lippert acknowledges my springs are shot. I am waiting for them to ship the parts but they won't pay for labor due to out of warranty.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	closet3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	168549