Old 01-09-2016, 10:06 PM   #11
He is right about the seals . They have since changed the design of them and the roof design they went back to the tried and true wrap over the edges. I have a 13 30-30 with the metal wrap on top. Buy some four inch ertna bond and go all the way around the top. They did pay for the parts which is something . O have had very few issues with mine and they did fix some problems at the Goshen Frog rally. I am sorry that as a second owner you are basiclly screwed.

jacknife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:11 PM   #12
Canadian Contingent
I have a 2010 Cardinal 3450RL. I'm the 2nd owner. Beautiful 40' (4) slide, well appointed, full body paint. No issues with this 5er except a re-seal on the roof and slides. 5 years old and it was due. Replaced a cracked skylight and a vent cover.

We agree with your assessment on 5th wheels. We didn't like any of the Keystone lines. Forest River is a better manufacturer and the Cardinal, although not the top of the list as 5th wheels go, it's definitely an upper end 5er.

We're happy campers!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	98028  

Les, Bonnie, Morgan, and 4 Leggers Bella and Bruce
2010 Cardinal 3450RL 4 slide Full Body Paint pushing our 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 SRW SB - Pullrite 2900 Superglide 18k
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #13
Originally Posted by Charles.maine View Post
So after 4 years in our BH TT we have decided that we want to upgrade. We have looked at about 100 units in the last week plus probably another 200 online. We have decided that we really like the Cardinal 3875FB. Some of the others that are in the running are FB like Big Country, Big Horn, Prime Time Sanibel and Cedar Creek in that order.
Montana, Jayco North Point and Pinnacle we didn't care for.

Are there any units I am missing?
I like the look of full body paint. Keeping it indoors is it a waste of money?
What do I need to know that I don't see walking in the unit?
How important is buying local? We have a local dealer with probably 600 5vers but they have a horrible reputation for service after the sale. What if I have to drive 200 miles to buy from Mom and Pop because they have the unit?

Little background should it come up: Tow vehicle is 2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax short bed 4x4. Unit is stored inside my 43' metal building. Not full timers. 2-3 two week trips a year.

Thank you!!!
good morning, my wife an I bought this same unit at the end of 15', it's a 16' model an so far we love it, it was a big step up from our tt which was a rockwood. I also have a Chevrolet 2500hd my truck has the exhaust braking I did put the timbren suspension kit on it but have no problem pulling or stopping the unit. I bought the b&w slider fifth wheel system but so far have not had to side it back an I put it in some really tight turns just to see what my limits are.
mikepf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #14
Buy what you like and fits your family! Period.
Your issue is SERVICE as you stated. I bought mine at a show 800 miles from home. Had it built to specs. You WILL ENCOUNTER RESISTANCE IN WARRANTY REPAIRS WHEN YOU DID NOT BUY THERE. But, where there is a will, well, you can handle it.
DO NOT SCRIMP ON YOUR PIN BOX AND HITCH. I ordered the best TrailAir box available. NOTHING MOVES INSIDE, NOTHING. Good luck!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:16 AM   #15
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
Originally Posted by 918jeeper View Post
If you research this problem you will see that it is an obvious manufacturers defect. Research "pimples forming on wallpaper" and you will see that it is a wide spread problem and has nothing to do with paying attention to water intrusion. The only reason I found the problem is I just happened to come across a thread addressing the issue. It's only two years old! Forest River knows it is a problem and are fixing "Out of warranty" rigs free of charge! Why shouldn't they do the same for second owner rigs? I can understand if it was an older rig but come on! It's two years old ! I'm not one who thinks I should deserve whatever I want but if there's a known problem from a manufacturer then they should step up to the plate! Before you mouth off to me do some research! Like I said read Structure Issues below and do a search on "pimples on wallpaper". After reading those threads you tell me if this is an owner or manufacturer responsibility!
In this case you should consider attending the International FROG Rally in Goshen this year. FR will fix up to 5 of your issues free. Then you will not be able to say they do not take care of issues. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

first time