Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
senior
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: central Il
Posts: 5
grease

I have a 2006 cardinal 35 rlt it has grease zerts on the wheels, my question is how often should grease be added?
__________________

__________________
bill d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 24
I usually give it a couple pumps from the manual grease gun every 2k miles. I have the wheel bearings inspected, packed and the seals replaced every other year.
__________________

__________________
John & Diann
Cooper
2010 - Cardinal 3150
2011 - GMC 3500 Dually
Cardinal RV Club
Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill d View Post
I have a 2006 cardinal 35 rlt it has grease zerts on the wheels, my question is how often should grease be added?
I inspect and lube them once a year which is, IMO, more than adequate. Don't do it on any other vehicle, one of which has 90,000+ and the other 75,000+, neither of them have ever had the hubs pulled. The only reason I pull/inspect the trailer is because of the foreign made brgs. Next yr I will replace them all with Timken and that will be the end of inspections. Should have done it when I put shocks on, but got lazy.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
DDC
Senior Member
 
DDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Komoka Ontario
Posts: 2,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
I inspect and lube them once a year which is, IMO, more than adequate. Don't do it on any other vehicle, one of which has 90,000+ and the other 75,000+, neither of them have ever had the hubs pulled. The only reason I pull/inspect the trailer is because of the foreign made brgs. Next yr I will replace them all with Timken and that will be the end of inspections. Should have done it when I put shocks on, but got lazy.
What makes you think that timken bearings will not be foreign they have a lot of factories in China now and other "cheap" places to manufacture.
__________________
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
What makes you think that timken bearings will not be foreign they have a lot of factories in China now and other "cheap" places to manufacture.
Because I can read "Made in USA" before taking them!
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rattleNsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Connecticut
Posts: 1,571
I assume that's a 'tongue-in-cheek' statement. If not, you oughta know better. Chinese steel is cheap crap.
Mike
__________________
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattleNsmoke View Post
I assume that's a 'tongue-in-cheek' statement. If not, you oughta know better. Chinese steel is cheap crap.
Mike
To whom was that addressed?
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
rattleNsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Connecticut
Posts: 1,571
It was meant for DDC, my friend. I re-read that post and I must have misread it originally. He's on target with not buying chinese garbage.
Mike
__________________

__________________
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.