Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2017, 05:09 PM   #1

Help!Cardinal Estates 3825FL

My wife and I live in our Cardinal Estates 3825FL full time since July 4th weekend. We purchased through the manufacturer, were never shown how to operate anything and paid to transport from Indiana to Arizona. This brings me to my question. Next weekend we are having someone transport from one RV Resort to another approximately 75 miles away. Because I haven't closed the slides since we moved in I thought that I would try and close them now to ensure that everything is working properly. When pressing the close/retract button for the main slide absolutely nothing happens. What am I missing? Second question would be......is it necessary to remove all stored items from under the bed before retracting? Any direction or assistance would be very much appreciated.
ArizonaNewbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaNewbies View Post
My wife and I live in our Cardinal Estates 3825FL full time since July 4th weekend. We purchased through the manufacturer, were never shown how to operate anything and paid to transport from Indiana to Arizona. This brings me to my question. Next weekend we are having someone transport from one RV Resort to another approximately 75 miles away. Because I haven't closed the slides since we moved in I thought that I would try and close them now to ensure that everything is working properly. When pressing the close/retract button for the main slide absolutely nothing happens. What am I missing? Second question would be......is it necessary to remove all stored items from under the bed before retracting? Any direction or assistance would be very much appreciated.
Are you on shore power or battery?
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #3

Shore power
Old 08-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Shore power
Start with looking at all the fuses in the box and see if any are blown.
May be just the simple.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #5

First thing I checked, fuses good and battery power indicator shows a full charge.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #6

Quote:
First thing I checked, fuses good and battery power indicator shows a full charge.
Do you other 12v systems work?
Lights come on? Landing legs work?
Old 08-20-2017, 05:19 PM   #7

Most slides are 12v, if all fuses are good, make sure you have good battery power, make sure you have 12v at the switch. Do you have a meter?
joet19711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #8

Everything else appears to be good. The stereo system doesn't work and we are working with FR on a warranty claim to get it replaced. It is 12v I believe and we had an electrician verify that there is power coming into the RV at the stereo so I believe that the batteries (2 of them) are working fine.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:30 PM   #9

Ok, I just tried the two sofa slides and both work but I received a "Fault Detected" indication on the control panel for each.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #10

My Cedar Creek has not only the switch but another on the panel for activating the slides. Assume it's for safety. Look around.
2nd: you can lock the slides, each one separately, by the small twist knobs located some where inside or close to your access panel outside where all your water; tank valves etc are located. If it was set up for you, maybe they closed these thumb screw controls which will shut out slide activation. Start looking there. You cannot hurt anything by turning each to the right allowing hydraulics to work.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:40 AM   #11
"On the road again"

Quote:
Second question would be......is it necessary to remove all stored items from under the bed before retracting? Any direction or assistance would be very much appreciated.
Looks like you're getting plenty of feedback and assistance on your first question, but on your second one - absolutely not. We keep blankets, raincoats, ironing board, coveralls, etc. beneath the bed and pull the bedroom slide in and out constantly.

Hope you get your slide issue resolved. We love our Cardinal 3456 that we got 3 months ago.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #12

I had the same slide problem once trying to leave the campground. I had the battery disconnect on. Turned it off and the slide and tongue jack started working.
Wise County in North Texas
jmjtx1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:27 PM   #13

Hydrolic should be in a compartment make sure all knob
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote