Old 03-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #1

hi, newbie here

We have owned a Salem TT and a Cardinal 5er in the past. Currently own SOB and wish to return to FR Cardinal, much better quality than our SOB. Does anyone on the forum own a 3450RL? we have our sights set on one and I want to know if any pitfalls await us...

Thanks, hope to be a regular on the FR forums soon..

Old 03-06-2012, 10:21 PM   #2

Cardinal RV Club • Index page

try asking over there, Im sure there are some

2004 Explorer 4.6 awd (16 year old daughters car)
2009 Mazda 6 (wife's ride)
Bunkfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #3

We have a 2010 3625XL, which is similar to the 3450RL. We have found the it to be a high quality reliable RV.

We have had to reinstall some screws on the window valiances, tighten some screws and nails in the bedroom closet and had the slide adjusted in the bedroom. Our large TV recesses into a cabinet at the rear of the rig and the I 70 last summer pushed the slide out of adjustment and knocked off the TV cabinet top. I fixed the top in a have hour and had a dealer adjust the slide for $50. Other than that she has been a gem.

My only complaint is it is long and we can’t get into some parks we would like to visit.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #4

We have a 2011 3450 RL with full body paint. Ran into the usual new camper bugs but I believe that no new camper is perfect. Aside from the exhaust fan not venting to the outside it is great. I installed a couple of skid wheels on the hitch mount so the rear drags smoothly on the big dips. I am 69.8 feet long with Atv trailer in tow so I am still legal in my state. Make sure you do the walk through and spend lots of time fill fresh water, check dump valves etc. great camper,great floor plan.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #5

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugers dad View Post
We have a 2011 3450 RL with full body paint. Ran into the usual new camper bugs but I believe that no new camper is perfect. Aside from the exhaust fan not venting to the outside it is great. I installed a couple of skid wheels on the hitch mount so the rear drags smoothly on the big dips. I am 69.8 feet long with Atv trailer in tow so I am still legal in my state. Make sure you do the walk through and spend lots of time fill fresh water, check dump valves etc. great camper,great floor plan.
Ok, thanks, we are in negotiations right now, opting for the stackable W/D set
Big sticking point is it comes equiped with chinese made goodyear marathons. i need them swapped out for USA mfg. Tires. They dont share my concern of the china bombs. My previous cardinal provided my family a wonderful sunday before memorial day stranded between murdo and kennebec SD with double blow outs to the tune of $1,400.00 in repairs. but as they know we are motivated, i think we will work it out. What a wonerful layout and style, we cant wait
Old 03-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #6

I hope you can get the tires you want those Goodyear Marathons have been having lots of problems especially on the larger trailers. There has been lots of discussion on this forum and the www.Cardinalrvclub.org website.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca Cardinal View Post
I hope you can get the tires you want those Goodyear Marathons have been having lots of problems especially on the larger trailers. There has been lots of discussion on this forum and the www.Cardinalrvclub.org website.

Yes we did, the Goodyear G614's. Nice tires, its suprising how little an RV salesman knows about tires!