Old 05-01-2017, 05:15 AM   #1

Inverter Problems

My 2017 Cardinal 3456RL Inverter has failed and the dealer has received two replacements that were DOA out of the box. The unit is a Xantrex Prowatt 2000. Additionally I ordered a backup unit of the same model from Amazon and it was also DOA out of the box. Bought a different manufacturers unit and it worked fine ruling out the RV system in general. My concern if that my refridgerater is a conventional full size unit and will only stay cooling via this inverter.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

Phoenixscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:39 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixscott View Post
My 2017 Cardinal 3456RL Inverter has failed and the dealer has received two replacements that were DOA out of the box. The unit is a Xantrex Prowatt 2000. Additionally I ordered a backup unit of the same model from Amazon and it was also DOA out of the box. Bought a different manufacturers unit and it worked fine ruling out the RV system in general. My concern if that my refridgerater is a conventional full size unit and will only stay cooling via this inverter.

Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?
Never heard of such a thing! Mine has been fine for a year now. Does yours have the remote on/off button? I just wonder if that has failed, and maybe that could cause the new ones to not turn on either? Everything I have read ix the Xantrex is like one of the top rated manufacturers.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:44 AM   #3

The remote button works fine. I agree that everything I have read it is one of the best units available. The remote switch is generic in design and even works on the different brand I tried. I spoke with the manufacturer and they were evasive on any manufacturing problems but I have noticed that new units have been delayed in delivery so I suspect there has been a bad batch manufacrured.
Phoenixscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:53 AM   #4

I guess its possible that they have had a bad batch. Please report back on what you find out!

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:13 AM   #5

wow, something is wrong. if I read properly that is four xantex units that were doa. very hard to believe but I guess it is possible. who installed the other mfg's unit? did it require any adjustments or rearrangements to install? i'm just wondering if there was something wrong with the xantex installs that was corrected with the other unit. did anybody test the xantex units on another test platform, perhaps using battery cables to connect them to a car battery jus to see if they worked on a test bed?
Old 05-01-2017, 08:24 AM   #6

Xantrex No MORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by djousma View Post
Never heard of such a thing! Mine has been fine for a year now. Does yours have the remote on/off button? I just wonder if that has failed, and maybe that could cause the new ones to not turn on either? Everything I have read ix the Xantrex is like one of the top rated manufacturers.
AS an OEM that used to use Heart, Trace, Xantrex, Now Schneider I/Cs, no more. Unfortunately, due to the RV Customers complaining about loosing Sat TV, they reprogrammed the specs on bypass and a number of other specs that are NOT user accessible. After a year of promises, I have switch to Samlex and will not look back. Their I/Cs are way superior, Excellent Customer Support, and full featured full sine wave and even half the price!

'don't know what happened, but I am not surprised. I will never install or use another "Xantrex" product again aside from the battery monitor.

270S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter