Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2019, 08:15 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northridge, CA
Posts: 39
Kitchen faucet low almost no pressure

Good morning all, On our current trip in the 2018 Cardinal 335 RLX we are getting very low water pressure, but only in the kitchen sink. We have the goose neck faucet with the pull down fixture and the button to switch from spray to stream. Pressure is so low it can,t even switch from stream to spray. Any thoughts or suggestions? We are traveling Los Angeles to Arkansas and are currently Eastbound on I 40 outside of Amarillo.
Thanks!
__________________

__________________
2018 Forest River Cardinal 3350 RL
2016 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel SRW
GilnJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilnJo View Post
Good morning all, On our current trip in the 2018 Cardinal 335 RLX we are getting very low water pressure, but only in the kitchen sink. We have the goose neck faucet with the pull down fixture and the button to switch from spray to stream. Pressure is so low it can,t even switch from stream to spray. Any thoughts or suggestions? We are traveling Los Angeles to Arkansas and are currently Eastbound on I 40 outside of Amarillo.
Thanks!
This probably isnít going to be the usual ďclean the aeratorĒ type of fix. Start by removing the restrictor/check valve inside of the sprayer handle after you remove the hose. You will see it up in there. It is not threaded in and only held in place with o-rings, so it should just pull out. I sometimes use a long wood screw and screw it into the center of the piece and just pull it out with my fingers or pliers.

Bruce
__________________

nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:48 AM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 11,234
Also (and this may be a bit harder due to placement) pull the water supply lines off the bottom of the faucet and check for debris.

Our last 5th wheel had some debris (white plastic shavings) clog at the supply line connection. The holes were tiny in the faucet where the supply line attached to the single lever faucet.
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=21
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Also (and this may be a bit harder due to placement) pull the water supply lines off the bottom of the faucet and check for debris.

Our last 5th wheel had some debris (white plastic shavings) clog at the supply line connection. The holes were tiny in the faucet where the supply line attached to the single lever faucet.
Yup, it could be something like this, too. Always work from the head back towards the supply. If you think it may be debris in the faucet cartridge or supply lines, blow them out by disconnecting one of the supply lines and aiming it at a bucket. Put your finger over the end of the sprayer hose, or kink the hose, then turn the faucet on. Water will feed through and blow that stuff out. If you still have the problem, do the same with the other supply line.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:14 PM   #5
Member
 
RudysWorld's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 554
All good suggestions. First thing to do is check the areator. Just unscrew at the end of the faucet. I have had th aerator clog on my kitchen faucet which sounds like the same one you have. Good luck!
__________________

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,208
Pressure is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilnJo View Post
Good morning all, On our current trip in the 2018 Cardinal 335 RLX we are getting very low water pressure, but only in the kitchen sink. We have the goose neck faucet with the pull down fixture and the button to switch from spray to stream. Pressure is so low it can,t even switch from stream to spray. Any thoughts or suggestions? We are traveling Los Angeles to Arkansas and are currently Eastbound on I 40 outside of Amarillo.
Thanks!
Actually, the pressure is fine, the same pressure as at all of the other faucets. What you have is low flow. (I know, that doesn't help you fix it.)

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:29 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
markb5900's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Missouri
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Actually, the pressure is fine, the same pressure as at all of the other faucets. What you have is low flow. (I know, that doesn't help you fix it.)

Larry
It may sound obvious, but I think you have the same faucet we do in our kitchen.
Check that the water line for the faucet itself (the one that comes out when you pull the faucet head) isn't kinked underneath the sink.
__________________
Mark B
2015 32 Foot Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2017 GMC 3/4 Ton TV
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:33 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Actually, the pressure is fine, the same pressure as at all of the other faucets. What you have is low flow. (I know, that doesn't help you fix it.)

Larry
Exactly. Most people don’t understand how pressure and flow are two different things and how one relates to the other.

The OP stated that the switch won’t work to go from spray to stream. This is a lack of flow problem before the water gets to the switch, which is before the aerator. If it was the aerator, the faucet would give poor flow at the stream selection and good flow at the spray selection. The problem is before the switch which is before the aerator. This is why I suggested he start at the closest restriction point before the aerator and work his way back towards the supplies.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:34 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by markb5900 View Post
It may sound obvious, but I think you have the same faucet we do in our kitchen.
Check that the water line for the faucet itself (the one that comes out when you pull the faucet head) isn't kinked underneath the sink.
This could be the problem, too. It is a water restriction problem.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
bedubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
This probably isnít going to be the usual ďclean the aeratorĒ type of fix. Start by removing the restrictor/check valve inside of the sprayer handle after you remove the hose. You will see it up in there. It is not threaded in and only held in place with o-rings, so it should just pull out. I sometimes use a long wood screw and screw it into the center of the piece and just pull it out with my fingers or pliers.

Bruce
However, some pull-downs do have an aerator and if it does it could be the simple "debris in the aerator" fix.
__________________

'17 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
'17 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL
'08 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500
Mickey the Rescue Project Schnauzer
Days Camped: 2017-39, 2018-61, 2019-64
bedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:26 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,043
Kitchen faucet low almost no pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedubya View Post
However, some pull-downs do have an aerator and if it does it could be the simple "debris in the aerator" fix.


Yes, most do, but the OPís faucet has a button/switch to change from stream to spray. The stream water flows through the aerator. The spray water does not. He is getting poor flow with both spray and stream.

Iím done trying to explain things about this.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:32 PM   #12
Tundra 2014
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 455
Water pressure

Check aerator first, then work backwards on lines from there. Especially if a fairly new unit. Two years after, I was still getting little pieces of debris out, just went longer between times until solved.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:27 AM   #13
Just as confused as you
 
Scrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wilderness CG, WI
Posts: 3,354
Bruce, it looks like your not going to get off easy as Tundra_2014 needs to hear it too, or he needs to read all the posts in this thread.
__________________
Richard & Jill
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Classic Super Lite
2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4WD All Star Edition
Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
The Faster I Go, The Behinder I Get.
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:52 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Bruce, it looks like your not going to get off easy as Tundra_2014 needs to hear it too, or he needs to read all the posts in this thread.
Iíll be eating some crow when the OP gets back on here and tells us all that he cleaned the aerator and that solved the problem.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #15
Tundra 2014
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 455
Faucet

I always start w/ the easy fix first, then work back towards supply lines.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:34 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 644
There is a weight on the flexible line that you pull out for the spray head. Very often that line will kink at the weight. I cured mine by moving the weight up the line where the kink developed to keep it from bending there. Was very difficult to get to. Had to cut out the back of the island to create an access panel to be able to service the faucet. Doesn't show but I will be able to get to it again. I diagnosed mine when I would get almost no flow when docked, but the flow would increase some when I pulled out the head. Mine was not the best quality faucet and many have replaced theirs. I just keep fixing mine as they want $150 bucks for a replacement. A lot of money for a cheap faucet.
__________________
2003 Duramax
2017 Crusader 315

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:48 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,208
Not so expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
There is a weight on the flexible line that you pull out for the spray head. Very often that line will kink at the weight. I cured mine by moving the weight up the line where the kink developed to keep it from bending there. Was very difficult to get to. Had to cut out the back of the island to create an access panel to be able to service the faucet. Doesn't show but I will be able to get to it again. I diagnosed mine when I would get almost no flow when docked, but the flow would increase some when I pulled out the head. Mine was not the best quality faucet and many have replaced theirs. I just keep fixing mine as they want $150 bucks for a replacement. A lot of money for a cheap faucet.
How about this one for $42.00?
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:52 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 644
Looks pretty much like what I have. Not sure what New "Condition" means. Would probably work as a replacement.
__________________
2003 Duramax
2017 Crusader 315

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 2,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
Looks pretty much like what I have. Not sure what New "Condition" means. Would probably work as a replacement.
You do not have to go with an 'RV' Faucet (same/same). We replaced the 'plastic/junk' faucet for one from a Home Improvement Box Store. Found one we liked and switched it out, works fine.
__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:42 PM   #20
Member
 
Pillboxmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 69
I had the same problem, tried to clean out plastic nozzle, broke it, replaced faucet wih hd, love it much better.
Good luck,
Terry
__________________

__________________

2018 Rockwood 2606
2013 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummings
Semper Fi
Pillboxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
faucet, pressure

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.


×