Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2012, 06:53 PM   #21

the one that has the most stress is probably going to depend on if the trailer is riding a little nose up or down. mine tends to a little up. looking at the axle when hitched, the front axle appears to have more bow in it. i believe the front (on mine) is sliding more when turning. the back is planted.
i would feel the frame and see if u can feel any raised area. that brace will tend to bend it out a little if it is stressed. i've seen pictures on other sites where the crack was at the 12 o'clock position. the ones pictured in the above are a couple of inches from the lower part of the "I" on the frame. it all depends on where they put brace on the inside. from the underside, u can push up on the underbelly cover and find them.
my cracks are related to the rear axle. i can feel the bumps on the front but so far, no cracks.
i believe lippert recommends one between each hanger; in my case 3.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:21 AM   #22

There are lots of the 2002 to 2007 or 2008 Cardinals experiencing cracked frames. The frames are supplied to FR by Lippert Components and they Lippert are not standing up for them only referring people to someone to get it fixed, but report it to them any way so it is on record and maybe if they get enough complaints or it gets reported to the Department of Transportation often enough there might be something done about it .

Or you could start a class action law suit I am sure you would get lots of people to join in
Ca Cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote