Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2016, 12:30 PM   #1

Leak Under Refrigerator

My 2007 Cardinal 29LE has started leaking in the cabinet underneath the refrigerator. There are drips of water coming down from 2 locations (see attached photos). One is where the yellow cable comes out towards the back and one is in the wooden frame on the edge by the front. I have checked inside the fridge and there is barely any water standing in the catch tray under the metal fins so I know it's not coming from that. I removed the outside access panel behind where the fridge is and there's a small trace of moisture in there, but not nearly as much as is collecting inside.

Does anyone have any ideas? It has been raining off and on over the past week since I noticed this so I can't rule out that it's not coming from the roof exhaust area outside. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Casey
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0017.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	97300   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0019.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	97301  
casey1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #2

Check the outside drain line , it may have deteriated inside the fridge and that could be your leak problem.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
Check the outside drain line , it may have deteriated inside the fridge and that could be your leak problem.
X2. The outside drain end has to lower than the water collection point. Otherwise the collector will spill over and run out onto your floor. Most hose exit points are located at the outside cover for your frig. See if lowering the hose causes water to exit the drain pipe.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:23 AM   #4

I am having same issue…have checked drain….the fins seem to be dripping often….
been in unit for 6 weeks….
Dometic refrig….
Cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:02 PM   #5

Do any of you have an ice maker in your fridge? I just went thru replacing a control module as a result of the cooling unit condensing and dropping a fair amount of water on the module. The repair tech insulated the cooling unit line that comes out of the fridge and empties in to the recovery tank directly above the control module. He advised this is common.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:36 AM   #6

basic refrig. 2604ws FR
Thinking ref rig may not be culprit….
checked drip hose, clear and in proper position

no sign of leak under bathroom sink or shower…

Dry all night in spite of Fl rains.

Did not use shower yesterday (trying to eliminate and find issue)

Have a piece of sham wow in corner…..dry this am

looking for ideas? Thanks to all….
Old 01-08-2016, 10:29 AM   #7

Tried to look up floor plan of your unit could not find it. Is your fridge in a slide out or in the main unit. If it is in the main unit you may have a leak coming in from the vent on the roof. We too have been in the FL rains. The leak may be worse depending on which way the rain and winds are blowing as it can affect how the roof drains.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:34 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
Tried to look up floor plan of your unit could not find it. Is your fridge in a slide out or in the main unit. If it is in the main unit you may have a leak coming in from the vent on the roof. We too have been in the FL rains. The leak may be worse depending on which way the rain and winds are blowing as it can affect how the roof drains.
X2
Thought we had a fridge leak as water was on the floor below fridge.
The leak was coming from the side top fridge vent. Dealer build a inch high wall of caulk just behind vent. So far so good.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:56 AM   #9

water

Thanks, will check this out. Frig is in main unit.
will report back
Old 01-17-2016, 11:58 AM   #10

ok, it seems our leak is/was water pressure? having water issues here in park.
poor water pressure now and no leak for week…
what is recommended pressure for TT?

we have put a water restricter on.
Poor water pressure.
No leak
Old 01-17-2016, 12:38 PM   #11
Site Team

The problem with water systems is that many times the water pressure is all over the place. Many times people do not use pressure regulators if the system pressure is low. The problem is that this could change tomorrow and pressure be too high. Use a good pressure regulator not a flow restriction type as when you are not using water the pressure will rise to the level of the park system with a flow restricter. 45PSI should work well. The larger the park the more likely you could have high pressure. To have reasonable pressure at the end of the water system, they usually have to have higher pressure at the front of the system. So it depends where you are parked.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #12

You said it was raining.....I had a similar happening with water below and next to the fridge. It was coming from the outside electrical outlets not sealed to the outer wall - water running down the side of the motorhome and than seeping in...
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, leak