Old 11-26-2019, 07:31 AM   #1

Need info for my Cardinal

Hello Everyone, I just took delivery of my new to me 2011 Cardinal 3050 RL. The gentleman that I purchased the unit from does not have much information on how the unit works (or should I say any information). What I am finding I out is that his wife is the knowledgeable one in the family, but I think he is one of those guys that does not let his wife talk to other men. ďHeís the bossĒ! What I need is any information regarding the operation of the Cardinal 3050rl. Set up, breakdown lights, controls, where to find parts, etc. Please help in you can. Oh and if you canít tell, Iím as green as they come. First time RV owner.

Ddozier234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:02 AM   #2

The Cardinal is a very nice upper quality unit.

You need to commission a fact finding mission to search the fiver for the case that holds the ďbrochuresĒ that came with it. Will make life easier. Or contact the seller.

Today with good internet service you will be swell!

Take care of the hitch thing first. Check weights etc. as that is not a flyweight rv.

Go somewhere close with full 50 amp/sewer connections. Back her in. Stay a long weekend with no plans to do anything. Lots of adult beverages and great food. Spend three days getting educated. No big deal with the internet.

Near a pretty big town. Locate a good hardware store and rv sales place. I hate camping world, but, they have what you may need. Preferably close.

It is all easy. Just a lot to learn.

Ask lots of questions. Easy peasy!

tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:15 AM   #3
Broken Toe

You should know this... There is no one "all encompassing" manual. You will have a bunch of smaller manuals for the various pieces of equipment. One for the water heater, one for the furnace, one for the fridge, etc etc etc. If you can find the model numbers, getting manuals off the internet is a breeze.

As far as the hitching, setup and such... See if you can find an RVer in your area willing to show you the ropes. Most of us would be happy to do that. Don't worry, you will only be green for a little while.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:50 AM   #4

there really is not difference between a cardinal and any other 5th wheel. they all pretty much operate the same. they may have differences in the equipment / appliances installed and how those individual pieces operate. but those differences are unique to the appliance, not the trailer as a whole.

we were brand new at one time and it took a while to learn the many things about our trailer and i am still learning. the first thing to learn is how to tow it safely and properly. it probably has automatic legs and leveling system as opposed to manual ones. get the manual for this system and read it. learn how to properly hitch it and ensure the hitch is properly engaged and locked. get the hitch manual. hook up the umbilical cord and verify that all the lights and brakes are working. ensure that your truck can tow it safely. check the tires and tire pressure.

now that you can move it safely go to a place nearly and check out you the rest of the things work. if you can park it in your driveway that is fine. operate the slides to move them in and out. start by hooking up both the electric cord and the water hose. make sure you have propane and the tanks valves are open. with those connected you should be able to run everything the trailer has. find the battery disconnect switch and make sure it has the batteries connected. then just take things easy one thing at a time.

the main problems people have are with the batteries going dead, possibly with the hot water heater, and possibly with the inverter and residential refrigerator.

you may want to contact forest river and give them the vin number of the trailer and ask if they can provide the build sheet for it. that will list the make / model / serial number of every piece of equipment they installed. with this you can get all the operating manuals. make a collection of them.

keep reading the forums as there is a mountain in information here. and don't be afraid to ask. we all did as we were learning!

and enjoy the cardinal. we love ours!
Old 11-27-2019, 01:23 PM   #5
Cardinal Customer Service

Cardinal Info

Good afternoon! And, welcome to the Cardinal family!! If you would like to reach out to me, I can help you with a lot of what you need. You can reach me on my direct line at (574) 367-3312. Or via email at acarpenter@forestriverinc.com.

If you can provide me with the last 7 digits of your VIN, I can get you the build sheet that Chickdoe was speaking of. And I have links to a lot of the manuals.

We are closing early today. But will be back at it on Monday. I hope you all have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!
Anita Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:01 PM   #6

Way to step up to the plate Anita Carpenter!!! I'm sure the OP will be happy to have your help.
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashes3 View Post
Way to step up to the plate Anita Carpenter!!! I'm sure the OP will be happy to have your help.
Yes, I second that.
Nice to have a direct contact.
I will also add that we are very happy with our Cardinal. Been full timing in it for three years now.

dtrussell is offline   Reply With Quote