Old 04-18-2019, 09:52 AM   #1

Opinions on a 2010 Cardinal 3450RL

My wife and I are plan to look at a 2010 Cardinal 3450RL with the LX package and Red Bird Value Package. Any specific problem areas we should be aware of? Also, does not have 2nd AC but I believe is factory prepped for one. Will the single AC keep it cool on 90 degree days? Thanks.

Mntman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:59 PM   #2

It should be wired for the second A/C. Easy way to tell is there will be a breaker in the electric box labeled 2nd A/C. I think you will need it. The camper will cool down much faster with 2 A/Cs. There was a couple of years that the seals on the slideouts allowed water to penetrate the sidewalls. The water actually wicked up into the walls. I'm not sure what years it was. You can check the walls above the slides, check them on the inside to see if they are soft. The ones with slideout awnings didn't seem to have the problem. We had a 2008 Cardinal, it was/is a great unit, that is why we purchased another Cardinal and sold the 2008 to a real good friend.

The Cardinal RV Club for Cardinal owners is a good forum, there is lots of knowledge shared there.

wvcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 08:55 AM   #3

I have a 2011 3450 RL and it has been a good camper. No problems w slide seals there is a slight sag in the center of the roof on the living room slide and I have had to tighten screws yearly where the roof meets the sides but we mainly dry camp so a lot of dirt roads that are not smooth. The second AC will be needed especially if it has full body paint in my opinion. The floor plan works well for us.
rugersdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal