Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2017, 10:01 PM   #1

Opinions wanted

Hi
We are considering purchasing a new Cardinal 3350rl. We have no experience with Cardinal and so we are asking for owners to weigh in as to the quality of the coach as well as any issues you have experienced. Also, if possible can you recommend a dealer on the west coast that you are happy with that carries Cardinal?
Thank you in advance
Mark and Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:31 AM   #2

Cardinal and Cedar Creek are too of the line. That being said they are building them fast and missing things. All the tv hookups in mine were backwards and did not work. But I love ours. It is iur 5th rv and the best we have had.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:44 AM   #3

top of the line? maybe on furnishing but I can't make that statement as far as workmanship. ours if furnished very well and it is very comfortable to be in. it has nearly all the bells and whistles. we had a satellite antenna added to the roof and a generator installed. we travelled and lived in it for 8 months. there's a few design issues that drive me crazy but we'll live with them. (for example, the spare tire is stored on the road side of the basement but you can't get it out the road side door. the only way to get it out is to remove everything from the basement, crawl into it, and lug the spare tire out the curb side door). we've had many loose screws and fasteners all over the place (lights, drawer catches, molding trim plugs, trim molding, cornices, wheel well trim, etc). it seems they use a one size fits all self tapping screw everywhere and just screw things into any surface whether there is backing for it or not. self tapping screws do not hole when they are just screwed into a 1/4" thin piece of luan. but even with these bitches the mechanical systems work and have not given us problems. one final comment, these are large heavy trailers. get the upgraded goodyear g614 tires! we are always looking to take a trip as the cardinal is really a small apartment. plug in the Keurig and enjoy!
Old 07-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #4

My experience is the same. Great unit, but they are being built too quick. That said, all brands have this problem. It's taken us over a year to get the bugs worked out, which is frustrating for a unit at this price point.

I can get my spare out the curbside opening no problem. I also went with the g rated tires, had disc brakes added.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #5
bigdaddy1

I looked at the 3350 and like it but just could not give up my closet space and the 7k axles and G rated good year tires that I ordered from factory.

2019 3350RLX
bigdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #6

Our 2012 Cardinal 3675RT has been good. We did have a water leak behind the WH which was corrected right away, but other items have been very minor and I took care of them myself. We had the Winegard Sat. dish added, but will have the Full Body Paint and the Level Up system on the next one I buy. I use this unit to stay in while working out of town, but also for camping when it is available. When not in use, it is stored inside my shop, fully hooked up and operational at all times. A/C stays set on 78f during summer, and 60f during winter. It has a Heat Pump on rear A/C, so I don't burn propane during winter. This helps keep the humidity down inside the unit, which helps to keep the unit smelling new. The fridge, water heater, etc. all stay on year around with no issues.
With that being said, Forest River is also making the RiverStone & RiverStone Legacy now, which are luxury units you may want to check out.
2014 Ford F350 CC LB FX4 6.7LPSD 3:55 E-Locker
Bellville, Texas
Austin County "Colonial Capital of Texas"
CMelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:39 PM   #7

Thumbs up 2018 Cardinal 3350RL

We ordered a 2018 Cardinal 3350RL in February and picked it up at our dealer May 3. We have not had any complaints on quality or any problems at all to date. We are very happy with our camper, I would not change a thing if I was to order it over. I love being able to open both refrigerator doors without running any slide-outs. I retired the end of April, we camp almost every weekend. A lot of my weekends now start on Wednesdays. We camp with our local camping club at the State Parks scattered across South Dakota. I have attached a copy of the options I ordered on our 3350RL. I hope this information helps. Click image for larger version

Name:	2018 3350RLS order.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	146067
Geldevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:21 PM   #8

However, I REALLY like the 3950TZ ... wowza! I like the storage areas under the living room too!
2014 Ford F350 CC LB FX4 6.7LPSD 3:55 E-Locker
Bellville, Texas
Austin County "Colonial Capital of Texas"
CMelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:57 AM   #9

We bought a 2017 Cardinal 3250RL this last May. We love it so much that my wife admitted she could live in it full time. (YES)! We have had just a very few, very minor fixes. Our dealership Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL. has been fantastic. I did purchase G rated tires. Got a 4 st235/85r 16's from Tire Kingdom the brand are Sailun tires $850.00 very beefy commercial trailer tires. I say don't pay the big dollars Forest River will charge for Goodyear's G rated tires.
ramblinman8120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:00 AM   #10

For some good information about trucks and 5th wheel rv's go to YouTube and watch some videos from Big Truck Big RV. This guy has some good information about both.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:03 AM   #11
"On the road again"

We are two months into our ownership of a 2017 Cardinal 3456RL and absolutely love it. DW especially likes the dual vanity/sinks bathroom and we both are already in love with the LG residential fridge WITH ICEMAKER (and the best crushed ice I've ever seen from a refrigerator)!!!

After our first trip we had a punch-list of things to be done...took it back to the dealer and a week later picked it up and have been camping one time since and leave out this Sunday for another 8 days on the road.

We are extremely happy with our purchase and will continue to enjoy being "quarter-timers" since we stay in our RV a minimum of 8 nights each month.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:12 AM   #12

Cool very cool!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geldevik View Post
We ordered a 2018 Cardinal 3350RL in February and picked it up at our dealer May 3. We have not had any complaints on quality or any problems at all to date. We are very happy with our camper, I would not change a thing if I was to order it over. I love being able to open both refrigerator doors without running any slide-outs. I retired the end of April, we camp almost every weekend. A lot of my weekends now start on Wednesdays. We camp with our local camping club at the State Parks scattered across South Dakota. I have attached a copy of the options I ordered on our 3350RL. I hope this information helps. Attachment 146067
Thanks for the info, Do you know if it can be ordered with a residential fridge?
Mark and Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:13 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark and Kelly View Post
Thanks for the info, Do you know if it can be ordered with a residential fridge?
Yes residential fridge is standard, the gas/electric fridge is optional.
Geldevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 06:20 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark and Kelly View Post
Hi

We are considering purchasing a new Cardinal 3350rl. We have no experience with Cardinal and so we are asking for owners to weigh in as to the quality of the coach as well as any issues you have experienced. Also, if possible can you recommend a dealer on the west coast that you are happy with that carries Cardinal?

Thank you in advance

We have a 2017 3250rl an we love it. Are in the process of upgrading tires, GY614, stock residential refrigerator, mocha/pearl. Click image for larger version

Name:	File Nov 12, 9 57 35 AM.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	149839
Pipcoo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #16

The West coast is a big area. You may need to be a little more specific.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote