Old 05-27-2016, 07:56 AM   #11

Picked up new unit Wednesday. They swapped out our rims and tires and boy am I glad. Just looking at those E rated marathons on this big fellow gave me the shakes.
Dealer had never heard of the Sailun brand and two of the service guys asked for info on where I ordered them. They may be import tires but they sure are impressive.
Before the swap they couldn't understand why I was insisting on it. While doing the swap the one fellow removing the tire said Now THAT is a road tire.. Lol.. yep, they're heavy boys.... Once finished the marathons looked like clown car tires laying next to them.
So hopefully if those guys have heavy units they call Edon Ohio and order a set...
Walk through went well and we are now in campground. Now to find the little issues like Water pressure in bathroom sink is just about non existent and finding the local strongman to get my water filter canister OFF.
Thanks for everything...

DW, 2 Spoiled Beagles IZZY and Pup Pup,
And Hillbilly Bob an American Bobtail Rescue Cat.
Seeing America one jobsite at a time..
Leonandpandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:08 AM   #12

You'll never regret ridding yourself of the Marathon tires! I should have done it sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464350905.849519.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	109209  

Old 05-27-2016, 08:12 AM   #13

That picture is worth a thousand words... You have just shown me my wife's biggest fear.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:17 AM   #14

Wow, what a picture! Of all the places to save a dollar, tires are not one of them.

Leonandpandora ... Hats off to your wife and her concerns of protecting both of you.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:46 AM   #15

Cardinal dealers can order the trailers with the Goodyear G614's now, but most won't since it costs them more money and they'd rather stick a shiny accessory on it as that is what most buyers will notice. You did the right thing swapping to your G tires and will be much happier going down the road.

Enjoy your new Cardinal, that floor plan is very nice.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:50 AM   #16

Picking up new fifth have tire question e vs g rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonandpandora View Post
Picked up new unit Wednesday. They swapped out our rims and tires and boy am I glad. Just looking at those E rated marathons on this big fellow gave me the shakes.
Dealer had never heard of the Sailun brand and two of the service guys asked for info on where I ordered them. They may be import tires but they sure are impressive.
Before the swap they couldn't understand why I was insisting on it. While doing the swap the one fellow removing the tire said Now THAT is a road tire.. Lol.. yep, they're heavy boys.... Once finished the marathons looked like clown car tires laying next to them.
So hopefully if those guys have heavy units they call Edon Ohio and order a set...
Walk through went well and we are now in campground. Now to find the little issues like Water pressure in bathroom sink is just about non existent and finding the local strongman to get my water filter canister OFF.
Thanks for everything...

You should have received a bag with all of your manuals and in that there should be a tool to loosen your water filter. It looks a bit like an oil filter removal tool. When you put it on just snug it up hand tight and check for leaks. As for low pressure in the sink, remove the screen at the faucet end and look for debris. It's not uncommon to have some plastic in the lines from construction.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:55 AM   #17

My wife picked out the floor plan after walking through a million different models.( well it felt like a million anyway..) The tires were a sticking point as was the size of the bedroom. King bed takes most of it.
Very relieved to be rid of the E's. We'll run the G's for a while then make the decision on the 17.5 H rated.
I love my new cardinal. Small things to work out but seems to be a solid unit.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #18
Pickin' & Campin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor1920 View Post
You should have received a bag with all of your manuals and in that there should be a tool to loosen your water filter. It looks a bit like an oil filter removal tool. When you put it on just snug it up hand tight and check for leaks. As for low pressure in the sink, remove the screen at the faucet end and look for debris. It's not uncommon to have some plastic in the lines from construction.
Also, when trying to remove... crack a faucet and relieve the pressure and then push up slightly on the canister (while loosening) to disengage the locking teeth.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonandpandora View Post
My wife picked out the floor plan after walking through a million different models.( well it felt like a million anyway..) The tires were a sticking point as was the size of the bedroom. King bed takes most of it.
Very relieved to be rid of the E's. We'll run the G's for a while then make the decision on the 17.5 H rated.
I love my new cardinal. Small things to work out but seems to be a solid unit.

When you get ready to make the jump to 17.5" wheels and tires, which is a good idea for the size and weight of your rig, check out www.trailertiresandwheels.com. It's a great site and specializes in 16" to 17.5" upgrades.

Post up pics when you can.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #20

Checked the screen and no debris. Checked under the sink lines, no kinks. Tried the filter wrench last night after opening the faucet. No go. Tried a couple times actually. It's really stuck on there. Acts like it needs a cheater bar on it. Of course can't do that but it is stuck stuck stuck. I'll try it again today.
Thanks..

Tags
tire