Old 06-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #31

Well I just received an email from forest river. My unit doesn't require the G tires or fall under the recall.
My unit has a build date of 10/2/2015. So it was built one month before the November- April recall.
I seriously doubt that my unit weighs any less than a unit built a month later.
All these long heavy units should have G or larger rated tires IMHO.
So I will keep my G rated tires and have an E rated placard. Hopefully if this unit gets traded the next buyer will have enough sense to realize it has G tires for a reason.

DW, 2 Spoiled Beagles IZZY and Pup Pup,
And Hillbilly Bob an American Bobtail Rescue Cat.
Seeing America one jobsite at a time..
Leonandpandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #32

If you can post a picture of the wheels I'm pretty sure I can tell you which rim is on your trailer. I'll bet they are the Tredit T09 wheel which will support the G614 tire. As a matter of fact the G614 is now a dealer option if they choose to order it. As far as going to a 17.5" wheel and the Goodyear G114's contact www.trailertiresandwheels.com for help. Your rig can definitely support the upgrade and it'd be what I'd do for your 3825. A friend of mine has a Cardinal 3850 and as configured is heavier than your 3825 and he did the 17.5" upgrade with no issues.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:55 AM   #33

I (actually my DW) made them take the rims and tires off my 2011 Big country. They wanted to dismount my tires and put them on the rims that had the E rated marathons on them.
DW informed them the rims that came on the cardinal were probably only rated to 80 psi. While she knew our rims were 110 psi rated. So if they didn't want to swap out rims and tires she didn't want to proceed any further with this deal. Then she looked at the service manager and asked him " Would YOU load this trailer for camping with your family and tow it 500 miles on those E rated tires?"
Of course he said yes he would, the tires are perfectly acceptable and are what the Manufacturer recommends. They are perfectly safe."
DW informed him "Then you IMHO Sir are a d@m fool and you are risking the life of your family and others . E tires are barely enough to carry the factory weight let alone the cargo."
That's one thing about my DW... She doesn't say much usually but when she does it is in your best interest to listen.
Needless to say the service manager doesn't care if he ever sees or hears from US again. Two calls to him with messages left and he won't return them. Thank goodness the issues I had I could fix.
She really likes this trailer. She just doesn't care for the cavalier attitude of the service people.

DW, 2 Spoiled Beagles IZZY and Pup Pup,
And Hillbilly Bob an American Bobtail Rescue Cat.
Seeing America one jobsite at a time..
Leonandpandora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire