Old 10-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
Site Team
I may be in the un-vocal minority, but my dealer (Bayou Outdoor SuperCenter in Bossier City, LA) has done me well in sales and currently, in service.

They beat my local dealer in price by a few thousand, and never had any kind of "I'm doing you a favor" attitude about anything in the process. Their sales technique was to ask "What did they need to do different to get you to buy from them."

I just had to take it back a few weeks ago for some warranty work, as well as to add some slide toppers to it. When I called their service dept. about the warranty work, they had me email some pics of the problem and within an hour and a half, were calling me back to say that Forest River had approved it. They had to order the parts and told me to keep using the trailer, and they would email me when they arrived.

True to their word, I got the email, set up an appointment, and took the trailer back. They asked when I needed the trailer back, and put it on the work order to have it done by that date (which is this weekend). I'll update this forum if any problems arise.....but I don't expect them to.

So far, I've had good experiences with my dealer and with Forest River.

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I've just ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.... I will keep you posted.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for mentioning it wmtire. Never hear enough of the good dealer experiences.

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
So far, I've had good experiences with my dealer and with Forest River.

Good deeds (or dealers) seldom get written about but there are plenty of good ones. Tropical RV in Ft. Pierce Florida is one of them. I've dealt with them for over three years now (and two campers) and I can say that they have been great, pre, during and post sale.
Frank & Rita M
2008 Ford FX2 F-150 3.73 CC 139" WB w/EQ4 WDS
2011 Rockwood 2702SS
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
Forest River Call Back

We are also having trouble getting a call back from Forest River. We are dealing with a delamination issue that was repaired once but by an auto body shop at Forest River's? recommendation. Now I am fighting for it to be fixed properly as repairs have now cracked. I don't feel the dealer (Paradise RV in Red Deer, Alberta) is fighting for us as much as they should and FR won't return calls. Not giving up.
craig_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #15
we bought our 06 cherrokee from shorewood in anoka back in 06 i have had nothing but good things to say about them great camper great sales person great service dept
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #16
Our dealer has always done a good job and taken care of us. They no longer are a FR franchise and we have moved to an independent RV service company closer to home with a great reputation including that from FR. My only complaint with the dealer is that they kept changing personnel. But, I think that is more a factor of the economy than anything else. Can you imagine trying to make money selling RV's today!
Big bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
Dealers around here, have had the best two years in a row! Go figure.

kappel15 is offline   Reply With Quote