Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
mbo

Problem-Concertone or Olevia TV?

We purchased a "New" never titled "07" Cardinal 37RK2 in Oct 2010. Got a great price although dealer was not too interested in our 98 HitchHikerII for trade. Going to try to sell it ourself next spring. Dealer PDI was less than satisfying. Now for my problem. Dealers tech spent two hours getting 32 in. Olevia HD TV to work-bad coax crimp behind Concertone 500. Had Dish #211 HD receiver installed by Dish Tech. Found 2 more bad coax crimps. Dish tech did not understand how to operate Concertone-neither do I. Any way after trial and error got DVD to play, thought to myself what do these people on forum know-DVD played for about 20 minutes and froze-up. Tried a different DVD later, that one played for about 5 minutes and froze. No DVD at all now. Tried a CD, sounded great through all the speakers. Lasted about 10 minutes, now says NO DISC. After about 2 weeks the TV audio has a loud snap or crack when someone begins to speak. Worse on HD stations and Sat. Disconnected Video(yellow) lead to Sat receiver. No difference, still have excellent picture. LG tv in bedroom works fine on sat and ant. Other than coax connections behind concertone, I don't think either tv is hooked into concertone system?? What should my next step be? 1400 miles from dealer, supposed to have one year full warranty. All replies appreciated. MBO

Old 01-18-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I think there is a whole section on here devoted to Concertone. Might have better luck posting there, as there seems to be many campers with these systems installed. Sorry, I can't help otherwise. Good Luck.

2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #3

I'm not sure what your problem is, but about 3 years ago I bought a 42" LCD Olivia for our house. Paid $840, about twice what you can get one for now, but it has given us zero problems. Picture is great and no problems with audio. My daughter and SIL recently purchased a 50" Panasonic plasma and the Olivia has a much better picture. They are on Dish Network and I'm receiving through the air, 85 miles from the broadcasting stations.
I would bet your problem has something to do with the Concertone. I went through 3 in a year and a half's time in my old trailer.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:37 AM   #4

I have an 08 cardinal and have had pretty much the same thing with the concertone. When the change over of tv signals came I found that I had to pull the concertone out and tighten all of the cable connection (wrench tight) as they were finger tight. I also cut down on the number to spliters as the concertone will not act as a tv tuner for the new signals. I do not use the concertone much as for the reasons you stated, I am planning to change out this coming summer. There are many posts concering the conertone.

Now for the Oliva tv. I have had no problem with it, other than last summer I lost a channel (do not know why) anyway called the help number and was told that Oliva was no longer in business. So I guess what I am saying is if you are having trouble with the tv get it changed out sooner rather than later.

Welcome you may want to visit the cardinal owners web page CARDINAL RV CLUB
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
You cannot judge the picture quality of a TV based on brand name alone! Each brand makes models that have different specifications. Even to say you have an HD TV means nothing. You need to compare the specs. The cheapest "HD" TV's are only 720 not 1080. No matter what the brand you will see a difference.

As far as the particulars here, it certainly sounds like there are plenty of installation questions that would necessitate understanding EXACTLY how everything is installed.

It also sounds like you have no operations manual. Is that true & do you need me to send you one?
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
mbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
You cannot judge the picture quality of a TV based on brand name alone! Each brand makes models that have different specifications. Even to say you have an HD TV means nothing. You need to compare the specs. The cheapest "HD" TV's are only 720 not 1080. No matter what the brand you will see a difference.

As far as the particulars here, it certainly sounds like there are plenty of installation questions that would necessitate understanding EXACTLY how everything is installed.

It also sounds like you have no operations manual. Is that true & do you need me to send you one?
Original Poster here. Maybe you are replying to another poster-I don't have a problem with picture- only audio on TV. I could try to explain more but there is only so much room. The person selling me a unit with a MSRP value over $65,000 couldn't make it "work" either. Am I out of line to expect at least a salesperson to explain to me how something works? The "Tech" that got the TV to work wouldn't tell me anything either. I was told to watch the DVD on operation that was given to me at purchase. DVD will not PLAY!!!!! That is why I said we had a poor PDI. I could go on forever on that but don't want to. I know some will say we should have walked away, but we loved the floor-plan and spacious interior. I do have a 25 page manual. What do I do when I am following manual and nothing works???? Dish receiver installer could not figure out concertone either. I am not a Rocket Scientist, I saw the rat-nest of wires behind the concertone and know I do not want to tear into that! My point is why does something have to be so complicated! Ever try to get warranty coverage from a dealer whose first question is where did you buy it? Oh about 1500 miles north of here! Still Frustrated! MBO
Old 01-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbo View Post
Original Poster here. Maybe you are replying to another poster-I don't have a problem with picture- only audio on TV.
Yes, I was responding to various comments within the thread including one that said this brand was better than that brand. My point is that all Brands make different Models which have different SPECS.
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
-I don't have a problem with picture- only audio on TV. I could try to explain more but there is only so much room.
In order for anyone to help with a problem as much information as possible will be needed and follow up questions necessary. Otherwise everyone is guessing instead of troubleshooting.

I am happy to discuss verbally if you wish. My number is included in every post.
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
Owner - RVtronics

Quote:
Still Frustrated! MBO
I am sorry for that, but we do need to ask questions in order to help. While you wrote a lot on your first post, it does not tell the complete story.

You bought a 2007 Brand New so it should have a 1 year warranty on all parts including the ZX500 right?

Sounds like BEFORE installing Dish Receiver you needed help from the Dealer to get the Entertainment system working, is that right? Apparently they found some issues in the wiring and connectors that they solved. Did the System work after that?

Then a Dish Tech installed a Dish Receiver and found more wiring and connector issues, which he fixed. Seems like other than confusing operations everything was working at t his time.

Then you figured out how to play DVDs & CDs but drive stops after 10 or 20 minutes and no longer works. This we will call problem #1.

Now, your TV audio is no working correctly and it is NOT hooked up to the ZX500. We'll call this problem #2.

Is this an accurate summary of what you are saying?
(781) 281-9440
Old 01-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #10
mbo

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Fields View Post
Now, your TV audio is no working correctly and it is NOT hooked up to the ZX500. We'll call this problem #2.

Is this an accurate summary of what you are saying?

Then Dish Tech
I think so