Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2017, 11:05 PM   #1

Residential fridge

I have a cardinal 3825fl and it has a frigidaire refrigerator. The issue I'm having is the water and ice maker have stopped working. They were working at one campsite and then when we got to the next they weren't. I had the fridge running while moving from one site to the next. I'm not sure if air could have somehow gotten into the lines or not. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingTall View Post
I have a cardinal 3825fl and it has a frigidaire refrigerator. The issue I'm having is the water and ice maker have stopped working. They were working at one campsite and then when we got to the next they weren't. I had the fridge running while moving from one site to the next. I'm not sure if air could have somehow gotten into the lines or not. Has anyone else had this issue? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Odd. Mine stopped making ice once last year. I turned the refer off for five minutes and back on again, and it started making ice again. It that situation, my water through the door continued to work. Maybe it's a computer thing...
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:26 AM   #3

i too have a cardinal 3825 with the Frigidaire refrigerator. is only a guess but I would suspect the solenoid valve that controls the water flow through the refrigerator. the problem is that it is at the rear of the refrigerator if you have to get to it. there is no access panel, the refrigerator would have to be moved. I might be a control board but they are in the back also. have you called Frigidaire tech support? they might have some ideas. being a 2016 it still might be under warranty but who do you go to (dealer, Frigidaire, extended warranty service, appliance service)?

i'm truly sorry that you are having the problem. would you please update this post when you get any further info as I would like to follow it.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #4

Well I turned the fridge off for a few minuets but no luck. Do you think turning the breaker off might work?
Old 04-01-2017, 09:03 AM   #5

I wouldn't think so, but it would only take a minute or so to do so and wouldn't hurt anything, so why not? here is another thought. if it is the solenoid either it is not getting power to open or it is getting power but just not opening. we had to have the doors of our refrigerator replaced (under warranty) and do to so they had to unplug an electrical connector that connects the door switches to the main refrigerator. is it possible that a connector such as this has come loose. i'd get on the phone with frigidaire support. they may have some ideas as i'm sure this has happened to other people. at least start there.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #6

Turning off the breaker didn't work so I called Frigidaire and set up a time for a service tech to come check it out. It's still under warranty which is good. As soon as I find out what the issue was I'll update.
Old 04-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #7

This may sound dumb but did you have your pump on ensuring that the solenoid was getting water the entire time? Just a thought
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #8

No I didn't. I didn't use the water till it was hooked back up at the next campsite though. Wouldn't there have been enough water in it to keep it from burning up?
Old 04-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #9

Are you using city water, or fresh water?

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #10

City water
Old 04-01-2017, 10:23 AM   #11

Quote:
No I didn't. I didn't use the water till it was hooked back up at the next campsite though. Wouldn't there have been enough water in it to keep it from burning up?
water needs to be under pressure to flow into the frig, I have no idea if this may have caused a failure of the solenoid or not. but if it were continually cycling trying to fill the ice tray might be.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #12

Hmmm. That was a wild shot.

OK, could the push/pull valve somehow have gotten turned to 'off' by mistake? I had a devil of a time originally even finding the danged thing.......and only did so with help from on here......but my memory (hahaha) says it's backwards intuitively...push in to open, pull to close....maybe. I'd go ENSURE it is in proper position to let water get to icemaker.

Past that, I'm at a loss.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 04-01-2017, 10:29 AM   #13

Where is the push pull valve? I'll give it a shot
Old 04-01-2017, 10:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Where is the push pull valve? I'll give it a shot
We don't have same model.........but mine was in a TERRIBLE place........under the trailer behind the driver's side back tire. Sort of in front of where my drain valve for the Fresh Water tank is (or was on mine, mine is busted right now!!)

I know I had same head scratching........but your issue is different, yours worked at one time. I had to find mine to get it started.

Still, I'd make SURE It's open.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 04-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #15

Try looking behind a drawer, either to the right or the left of the reefer. It is a classic FR "hide and seek." Mine is on the left, but yours could be anywhere, including underneath the whole thing. It is, however, on the PEX water line.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 12:07 PM   #16

I would agree with Band JCam on location,I have heard the same spot for different brands, plus that is where mine is also.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #17

My valve was under the frame beneath the kitchen slide out. You might also check to see if the 1/4" water line is broken. I had that happen once and the water to the refrigerator would not work, but I got a good shower from the hole in the line.

2014 Cardinal 3450RL
2011 Ford F350 SD DRW
F.R.O.G. Members
jackdn0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:58 PM   #18

I checked the 1/4” line and it's not leaking. Haven't found the valve yet though.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #19

to walkingtall: if you find a valve for the refrigerator please let us know. might even want to contact forest river to see if they can tell where it is. if it exists I do not know where it might be. on the 3825 the refrigerator is right up against the slide out wall on the right and the stove on the left. I was at our trailer today and actually looked up under the kitchen slide out. I could see the water line to the refrigerator but did not see any valve. everything under the chassis is covered with the underbelly liner. the only other reasonable place would be under the sink and i'll check that tomorrow. i'd sure like to know if such a valve actually exists.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #20

I had my ice maker stop making ice while towing. Finally figured out the pump had to be on while towing. Solved the problem.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge