Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2019, 01:07 PM   #1

Safety Light

Hey. I have a 2019 Cardinal 3456RLX & I do not see a way to turn off the safety light on the stairs going up to the bedroom. It is located beside the vac system on the stairs. It bothers others when they are trying to sleep in the living room. We have to throw a towel over it. Is there any way to turn it off?
Thanks,
Jhelmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #2

I don't know your specific rig but I would think just pull the light, cap off the wires reinstall the light and its a done deal.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhelmey View Post
Hey. I have a 2019 Cardinal 3456RLX & I do not see a way to turn off the safety light on the stairs going up to the bedroom. It is located beside the vac system on the stairs. It bothers others when they are trying to sleep in the living room. We have to throw a towel over it. Is there any way to turn it off?
Thanks,
As Seadog mentioned you could just disconnect it. But, if you are electrically inclined, I'd probably either buy a different fixture, that has an on/off switch so that you have the option to use or not use and replace it or install a separate toggle switch to do the same. My last choice would be to just remove the bulb if accessible without cutting or disconnecting any wires.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #4

My safety light

The safety light on my 3950 is activated by a switch on the screen door; maybe yours too, in which case it my be a faulty switch.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru View Post
The safety light on my 3950 is activated by a switch on the screen door; maybe yours too, in which case it my be a faulty switch.
I have that on my 3850, and those are for the entrance. I think the OP is talking about a different light for the steps to the bedroom.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:32 PM   #6
Cardinal Customer Service

Safety Light

Just a follow up to this thread....this light shuts off when the magnet on the entry door meets the magnet on the frame of the door. It turns out that the wire for this light was pinched. It was getting continuous power and would not shut off. I hope this helps answer any future questions.
Anita Carpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita Carpenter View Post
Just a follow up to this thread....this light shuts off when the magnet on the entry door meets the magnet on the frame of the door. It turns out that the wire for this light was pinched. It was getting continuous power and would not shut off. I hope this helps answer any future questions.
Thanks Anita!

Tags
light, safety