Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #11

You can pickup a H25 HD receiver at Solid Signal for $99

DIRECTV H25 High Definition MPEG-4 Receiver (H-25) from Solid Signal

Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #12

I had Directv installed in the house this weekend and plan to put two receivers in the Bird. I got an extra satellite for this purpose. It came with a power inserter and 2-way SWM. The SWM has one red connection on one side and a red and white connection on the other. The Power inserter Has a red connection and a white. How do I connect all this?!! Initial thoughts are:

1. Red connection in Power Inserter to the single red connection on the SWM
2. Connect the other red connection on the SWM to the dish.
3. Connect white connection on the Power Inserter to the 1st (living room) Receiver.
4. Conn the white connection on the SWM to the second (bedroom) receiver.

Note: As my 5er is pre-wired for satellite, receiver 1&2 would be satellite connections left and right outside the camper.

How far off am I?

Thanks all!!

Stan

Old 08-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #13

Sorry for the double post. . I should have said SWM 2-way splitter. The new Directv sats have only only one coax coming off the LNB that can be split to power multiple receivers.

Stan
Old 08-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #14

So you have a SWM switch not a SWM LNB on your dish correct? If so that sounds right Check this out:
DirecTV SWM 8 Wiring Diagrams
Old 08-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #15

I have a single coax coming out of the LNB. The SWM splitter gets me a second connection for the second receiver. I just wanted to be sure the power inserter was connected properly. Thanks for the link.

Stan
Old 08-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #16

You should be good to go. Red to SWM LNB, White to SWM Splitter and then from SWM Splitter to each Receiver. If they are DVRs hook coax to Tuner #1. You will have to select SWM in the receiver satellite setup menu and it may show you that like 2 or 3 satellite fail or something like that just click continue all will be good.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #17

With everyone's help I was able to get 100 percent signal and received all SAts the first time without tweaking. I'm convinced it's all in the tripod. It took me about two weeks of searching but found the heavy duty tripod needed for the Directv Slimline. Legs adjust independently and the model I got came with a compass and level specifically designed for the pod. Very well built and is available w carrying case. Website is tv4rv.

So much for the testimonial. My '10 3625 RT has 2 vertical cable connections in the bedroom and two horizontal connections on the outside of the camper. Anyone happen to know which of the two inside connect w the outside sat? Probably too vague a question and will have to trial and error.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg6923 View Post
With everyone's help I was able to get 100 percent signal and received all SAts the first time without tweaking. I'm convinced it's all in the tripod. It took me about two weeks of searching but found the heavy duty tripod needed for the Directv Slimline. Legs adjust independently and the model I got came with a compass and level specifically designed for the pod. Very well built and is available w carrying case. Website is tv4rv.

So much for the testimonial. My '10 3625 RT has 2 vertical cable connections in the bedroom and two horizontal connections on the outside of the camper. Anyone happen to know which of the two inside connect w the outside sat? Probably too vague a question and will have to trial and error.
I picked up one of these Amazon.com: Steren Cable Continuity Tester - Cable Analyzer: Home Improvement