Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #1

storage under mattress?

2015 cardinal model 3825 - does anybody know if there is storage space under the king sized mattress? our has a small hatch cover that you can open from the outside that is is under the head of the mattress but this storage space only goes back less than 2 feet. that leaves a lot of room still under the mattress from the back wall of this compartment to the foot of the mattress. does anybody know if you can access this space for storage?
CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:04 PM   #2

On my 40 ft Cedar Creek Cottage RV the foot of the mattress lifts up and there is a huge storage compartment. It can also be accessed from the outside and is the length of the King bed.

Hope this helps

Brenda
brenda1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:02 PM   #3

got the trailer home this weekend and spent the entire weekend exploring. there is storage under the mattress. but is it ever flimsy! the trailer has a king size bed. there is a frame built around the other edge of the mattress and there is a hinged sheet of very thin plywood that folds down over this frame. there is absolutely nothing supported this sheet of plywood in the middle! it sags and bounces. for the record I am 6'8" and weigh in excess of 300 lbs. if the wife and i lay on the mattress it has this saggy piece of unsupported plywood has to support weight of both of us and the mattress. we already noticed on crack it in today. i spent the afternoon building a support frame the i put into the storage space that will support the plywood down the center from head to toe. also one of the gas struts that holds the plywood up had ripped out so i had to reattach it with nuts and bolts rather than wood screws into the piece of plywood. so yes there is storage, but in my opinion it is very flimsy and dangerous as delivered.
CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage