Old 12-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #11

Have the same problem with my 2013 3675. FR will only cover parts and I will need to find my own shop to repair it which I think is BS. Estimate to repair is over $4000. Labor alone is $3300.

The shop I'm having the repairs done at can't get a straight answer from FR on whether they are replacing the old seals with a better designed one or are they still using the same poorly designed seals for repair.

Anybody know? Couldn't get a response on the Owners club site.

Old 12-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 918jeeper View Post
Have the same problem with my 2013 3675. FR will only cover parts and I will need to find my own shop to repair it which I think is BS. Estimate to repair is over $4000. Labor alone is $3300.

The shop I'm having the repairs done at can't get a straight answer from FR on whether they are replacing the old seals with a better designed one or are they still using the same poorly designed seals for repair.

Anybody know? Couldn't get a response on the Owners club site.
Did you talk to Dan Dobeki at FR? Why did they say they were only going to cover parts? This is a known issue so I am little surprised why they aren't covering everything. The way I see it is the water enters when the slides are open most likely when it was on the dealers lot. When the slides are closed, the slide itself is pushing on the seal making it a lot more difficult for the water to get in. So unless you do a lot of camping in the rain, this more than likely happened before you bought it. Just my thoughts though. Jerry.

Jerry01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry01 View Post
Did you talk to Dan Dobeki at FR? Why did they say they were only going to cover parts? This is a known issue so I am little surprised why they aren't covering everything. The way I see it is the water enters when the slides are open most likely when it was on the dealers lot. When the slides are closed, the slide itself is pushing on the seal making it a lot more difficult for the water to get in. So unless you do a lot of camping in the rain, this more than likely happened before you bought it. Just my thoughts though. Jerry.
Yes I spoke with Dan Dobecki and since I'm the second owner they would only cover parts. Yes this definitely happened before I bought it because I've only had it for two months and only used it twice. I contacted the original owner and he had no idea this was happening or he would have dealt with FR himself and had it fixed before selling it. Very disappointed in Forest River. I wouldn't be surprised if they are slapped with a class action lawsuit when more of these start popping up. I was at the RV repair shop today and they still have not given them a definite answer on whether they will be sending the same seals for repair. My guess is they will and if so I will have to pay more to have the shop do it right with good seals.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:48 AM   #14

Jerry01

I've just about finished my repairs for the exact same thing in the exact same location. I'm with you on trying to recover from forest river, I have a 2012 cardinal 3450.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1713[1].jpg
Views:	169
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	96872   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1712[1].jpg
Views:	174
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	96873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1690[1].jpg
Views:	161
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	96874  
Old 12-28-2015, 01:42 AM   #15

Did you put a new seal in? Did FR refuse to fix it for you?
Old 12-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #16

You know, if FR has records of existing unit issues repaired or paid repairs, you may have a legal claim.
History, once subpoenaed by a lawyer, will either support what you "think" you know or disprove it. I would NEVER sit back and accept that a previous, original buyer, DID NOT KNOW.
I suggest you find counsel that has manufacturer expertise and initiate conversation with FR through him/her.
It's very ez to blow past complaints once out of warranty, EXCEPT, when there are settled issues!
You have a legal responsibility to disclose your repairs of this magnitude down the road ( if asked) unless you sell "as is"..... You have little to lose by getting counsel.
Let someone with legal knowledge assist you. Even the previous owner may have responsibility of non disclosure.
Your situation deserves attention!
By the way, I am not Pro Legal. BUT,
I am for righting a wrong. I would guess FR will reconsider your situation IF THEY HAVE RECOGNIZED THE ISSUE AND SETTLED CLAIMS.
Just FYI, I have found FR very cooperative. I still have to go back a second time to Goshen. BUT, I am willing to make the trip to have a unit that will last us many years.
US Army Signal Corps motto:
" Think, Go, Do"
1963 - 1966.