Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2018, 01:04 PM   #1

Thinking about buying a Cardinal 3250RL

I am currently looking at upgrading my camper from a 2006 Rockwood Ultra Lite 8283SS (which I bought new in 2008) to a Cardinal 3250RL. I would like some feedback from Cardinal owners. I have delayed purchasing in the past few years based on online comments about quality of the RV's built since 2007/2008. However, I think now is the time to make the move. My Rockwood has been "rock solid" but a little more space is very attractive. I am a full-timer so the extra amenities are very attractive. Yes, I do have the truck to pull the new unit. I upgraded to heavy duty trucks thinking I would upgrade the RV as well, I am now on my 2nd Heavy Duty truck so it's time to have the RV catch up. I appreciate any and all comments, thank you in anticipation.

Ciaran
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
bigdaddy1

Well, my wife and I are "any timers" and we are in our third Cardinal fifth-wheel. We ordered a 3350 RL Lux model loaded with many extras that we wanted plus the full body paint. For us, the Cardinal is a well build unit and with a great dealer and service department we are having more fun that two old people need to have LOL.

2019 3350RLX
bigdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:27 PM   #3

I just bought a 3250RLX. We love the unit and the layout is perfect. Unfortunately, their quality control is a little lacking. Our Lippert level up system did not operate correctly on our first trip. After a full day at the dealership, they figured out that the outside control unit was not working correctly. They swapped it out quickly and the level up system works perfectly. In addition, the water control enclosure is made of thin plastic that was cracked. Water did leak into our crawl through storage compartment as they did not seal the drain pipe/ threaded hole with plumbers tape. They agreed to replace the cabinet under warranty so I am fine with that. I had a leaking refrigeration 1/4 inch plastic tubing that was above the tires (I am encasing the water line in tubing to protect). There were some superficial issues that we are getting corrected under warranty. I have a friend who has a Jayco and had to go back to his dealer on many multiple occasions to fix his unit as well. I just assume that this is par for the course for fifth wheels. Get it fixed under warranty and you’ll be good to go. We really enjoy the unit.
RTish Conejo Valley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:46 PM   #4

Personally we liked the Cedar Creek better. Same company. CCs just seemed to be a bit better put together, plus there were some features on Creeks that were better thought out. If your out west take a look at an Arctic Fox. You might find it a better overall product for your life.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #5

We are on our second Cardinal and have had good luck with each one. While we have had a few issues the Cardinal division stands behind their product and has taken care of us very well. Take a look at the 3350. A little more space than the 3250 and about the same size.
2013 Cardinal 3030RLS - sold
jtaylor1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:21 AM   #6

We purchased a Cardinal 3350 about a year ago. Like this design more than the 3250 because you can open both fridge doors without running any of the slides out. We have not had one problem with our camper and I think Cardinal is doing a very good job on quality control.
Geldevik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #7

We just got a 2018 3825 FL. It is to early to tell if we love it. This is our third fiver, Wildcats prior. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 01:02 PM   #8

i bought a 3350 rlx a few months ago, and i like it better than the 3250
[walk through island is one; washer dryer hookup is nice to have, if i ever want those]

a few minor issues, but nothing major, yet

[costs a little more than the 3250, i think]

wish list, for next time:
someplace to put things next to the bed
a little larger bathroom would be nice

marc
Old 01-24-2019, 10:24 PM   #9

3250 RL

I just purchased this rig months ago. My Jayco Pinnacle 40’ had Swinteck slides that were always breaking! Finally when my large 15’ kitchen/entertainment slide almost fell out of rig(jumped gear, and badly tweaked). Cardinal uses 2” rack and pinion slide(same as 1/2 million dollar rigs!
Most fifth wheels are using swinteck(junk, he sold to Lippert). Also used is a cable system(wow, complicated and untested). Next used is slim rack (also untested. Although most rigs use one or two rack and pinion slide.
Cardinal has put a lot of thought in this quality rig. This is my third 5 th wheel, 20 years and the features and I think the 3250 or 3350 are a great choice.
For me, My single wheel pickup makes this a good choice.
Residential fridge means cold milk and beer.
Stepdad1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:04 PM   #10

I purchased a 2017 3825FL, I’ve had several issues that were covered under warranty. The biggest issue was rear AC with heat pump went out, Black tank valve broke. The latest problem is the DVD player quitting in living room. Leveling system seems to have trouble when it’s cold outside. Structure wise I feel it’s a great unit that will hold up for many years. We went full body paint and haven’t seen and signs of fading or cracking. I feel every camper 5th wheel is going to have something go wrong over time.
racindirt06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:45 PM   #11

We purchased a 2016 3025FL, full body paint. The only major issue we had was the gray valve getting stuck closed. All issues addressed with warranty. We’re enjoying it very much.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:06 PM   #12

Looked at a 3250 and a 3350. Went with the 3350 due to being able to get in the fridge with the slides in and the larger island. We’ve been out 3 times since we purchased in December. First outing, a kitchen drawer needed adjusting along with 2 wood screw plugs fell off. Made the adjustments and a little Elmer’s keep the plugs tight. We leave for number 4 tomorrow week.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal