Old 08-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #21

i'm not totally sure about the dates listed. we picked up our cardinal in march of 2015 (prior to the dates listed in this thread). the placard says load range e, inflate to 80 psi. the actual tires on the trailer are goodyear g614's load range g, inflate to 110 psi. I contacted forest river and they said the g614's were an optional item when the trailer was ordered. so what should the tire placard state, the standard tire (80 psi) or the optional tires that were installed (110 psi)? anyway, forest river said that if I take it to a dealer (100 miles one way) they will replace the placard. i'll get this done next time I am close to a dealer. a, I have verified the rims and they are 110 psi.

Old 08-23-2016, 03:28 PM   #22

They said the build sheet indicated that 10 ply 23580r16 were the correct size. After talking 3 different people at cardinal it became obvious that they are not concerned with safety. I will purchase my own tires. I think the dot and nhtsa will be responding to them

Old 08-23-2016, 04:08 PM   #23

You got the same answer as I did from forest river. My own tires and rims were my solution as well.
I really like the trailer but it is looking like it may be traded as the dealer support is lacking as is forest rivers concern for the safety of their owners. We are most timers ( about 8 or 9 months a year). Being. Down for repairs 3 to 6 weeks at a time isn't an option for us.
DW, 2 Spoiled Beagles IZZY and Pup Pup,
And Hillbilly Bob an American Bobtail Rescue Cat.
Seeing America one jobsite at a time..
Leonandpandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:38 PM   #24

I agree 100 % . But when you pay a premium price for a unit like that you expect certain things to be taken care of. Thanks everyone for your help
Old 08-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenbob54 View Post
Good morning everyone I talked to Forest River on my tires this morning and they are not going to do anything even with the tire tag on Tire tag indicating 14 ply tires

Any chance you can get a picture of the RV certification label that shows the tire info and a picture of the tires FR put on the RV?

If the tires are lower rating then a complaint for each tire is in order. You would want to include the VIN and a statement that FR has refused to provide the correct tires.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:03 PM   #26

Do you have a copy of the build sheet? While putting Marathon's on a rig this size is a very bad idea in my opinion you're going to be told that they are within the engineering specifications of the trailer weight. Again, I don't agree, but it is what they will probably tell you. The G614 is a dealer option and most won't pay the extra for it as people just don't know to ask.

A couple of weeks ago I ran into a guy with a 3675FB that had a Marathon give way on him and did some serious damage to his trailer. He admitted he knew the history of the tires and decided he'd risk it. He had an appointment for the following week to put the G614's on his trailer and the bad tire was on its way to Goodyear for analysis.

Having the wrong plaque on the trailer is interesting and I'm watching this thread to see how it goes. In my mind after seeing everything Forest River just did at FROG for owners this one seems easy to fix and well within other things they did for attendees. If the plaque says G then I'd be sending you 4 G614's and saying thank you for your business.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-23-2016, 07:34 PM   #27

Yes I can.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:43 PM   #28

Just have to figure how to send it
Old 08-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #29
Commercial Member

If the tire placard says LR-E and FR gave you LR-G then I guess no recall would be ordered that would change the tires as you ended up with "better" load capacity then the minimum required.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #30

No its the other way . It shows that is supposed to have 14 ply 2358516 load range get tires. Came with 2358016 e rated

Tags
recall, tire