Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2015, 11:47 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to redjet
Trailer audio/video wiring diagram for 3850RL

We have a 2016 Cardinal 3850RL with a Furrion DV1200 audio system. The system seems to work fine except when in AUX and we turn off the unit -there is a loud pop sound. It also happens when the TV changes picture resolution. Called Furrion and they sent me another DV1200. I replaced it - same problem. Turning off the unit in other modes AM/FM, DVD, etc does not give the pop noise.

While I had the unit dismounted, I verified the wiring. There are two wiring plugs one for power and A/B speakers. The other is only for C speaker (outside). Everything on the main plug looked okay, but found the subwoofer connected to the "C" right output channel rather than the DV1200 subwoofer output. This makes me think that there is only one pair of wires to the "C" speaker (there should be two pair). They have also run an HDMI cable, along with an RCA cable for video/audio, from the DV1200 to the main TV. Why both?

There is also a cable plugged into the DV1200 at the only remaining RCA video output. No clue where it goes. Where ever it goes its just video with no audio connections.

Consequently, I was wondering if anyone on the forum has the 3850RL (I'm sure its the same for all Cardinals) wiring diagram for audio/video? I'd sure like to see a Forest River wiring diagram to see what wires go to the C speakers. It would be nice to get the wiring correct before I continue with a resolve of the pop noise at shutdown.

2016 Cardinal 3850RL - 7/31/15
2020 Ford F150 - 3.5L EcoBoost - Lariat - 4X4
2018 Club Car - Gas - Lifted
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 05:27 PM   #2
Rick and Sandy Dyer

I have a 2016 Cardinal 3850 RL. I went to the Forest river site and customer service. I asked them for the wiring diagram for the pre wired satellite TV. They gladly supplied it. If you asked them for it they will supply it
Big D

Rick and Sandy Dyer

2016 Cardinal
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
Rick and Sandy Dyer

Here is a follow up
Dan Dobecki is the forest river guy to contact ddobecki @ forestriverinc.com

Rick and Sandy Dyer

2016 Cardinal
Old 12-16-2015, 08:59 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to redjet
thank you

2016 Cardinal 3850RL - 7/31/15
2020 Ford F150 - 3.5L EcoBoost - Lariat - 4X4
2018 Club Car - Gas - Lifted
redjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:04 PM   #5
Rick and Sandy Dyer

Goodluck

Rick and Sandy Dyer

2016 Cardinal
Old 12-28-2015, 09:02 PM   #6

Unhappy Prime time sound system

I have a 2016 prime time spartan 1032.
It cam with a Jenson sound system in the living area. It does not pick up any stations where I live in North Central FL. The Sony system in the toy area picks up every thing. When I tried the speaker switch on the Sony system, only the A works the speakers inside. I pulled it apart and the b speakers were never wired up. I would like to wire in the outside speakers to the b side of the speaker switch.

Does any body know how to ID them?
RapidRoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diagram, trailer, wiring