Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #1

Exclamation UPDATE to Two 2015 Cardinal 3825 FL 5th Wheels with leaking slides

Hi everyone! I promised an update to this matter as soon as I had one to post.

Firstly, let me say to all "Full-Timers" that unless you have read all of the fine print in your documentation, you probably weren't told by the dealer you purchased your unit from that living in your Forest River unit full-time voids out your manufacturer's warranty! However, no one can answer for me what constitutes "full-time." Don't let a dealer, only interested in selling you an RV, tell you, "Well, if we don't know you are living in your unit full-time, read between the lines!" Buyer beware!

To all Forest River RV owners who are having, or who have had customer service issues, construction issues, mechanical, systems, or other service issues, there is a place online for you to post your personal experience/issue; forest-river.pissedconsumer.com

I encourage you to read the myriad issues consumers are having with this company and share your personal issue. I was SHOCKED when I started doing research (Of course this came after my $80,000.00 purchase) into other owners who have had similar issues with my particular year/model Forest River RV, to find 570 serious complaints by customers of Forest River products, but more relevant to my particular issues, several other owners of the Cardinal 5th Wheel who are having or have had the exact same issue as I.

As reported on safetyresearch.net, "Forest River was fined $35,000,000.00 on July 9, 2015 for failing to launch timely recalls and for failing to fulfill a host of reporting obligations to NHTSA."

If this company is so arrogant as to not initiate safety recalls, how can we trust them to correct all of the product defects so many of us are experiencing?

Anyway, Forest River is supposed to pick up our unit today, Monday, October 19, 2015 and take it back to Indiana to the factory for repairs. They estimate that they will have our unit for 6 weeks.

The original Warranty Manager we were working with, (name withheld from public view for legal reasons), was terminated last week. We were told by another Warranty Manager now assigned to our issue (Also withholding name from public view for legal reasons), that our original contact was terminated because of statements and promises they made to us and other Forest River customers. That was disheartening, as my husband and I found our original contact to be genuine and forthright. The jury is still out on the integrity of the current warranty manager we are working with. Only time will tell on whether or not their word holds value.

I plan on holding Forest River's feet to the fire over the next 6 weeks, and I will provide updates as they are provided to me.

If you are interested in learning more, please feel free to private message me. However, I will not reveal company employee names as I believe this could lead to legal issues. (My public rant is now over)

At the very least, EVERYONE, please educate yourselves! There's a lot of information out there directly related to consumer ratings of/experience with Forest River. Unfortunately, for those of us who own one of their units, very little of the information it is good.
uptowncivilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
If you are working with a new Warranty Manager why post such hate here? Seems odd to bite the hand that might be willing to listen and help!
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #3

Thank you for your comment B&B. I certainly wish you all the best.
uptowncivilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 09:30 PM   #4

Well they are picking up your trl and repairing it. What more can you ask for. They will get it right. I wouldn't spend a whole lot of time worrying about it they will do you right. They are no different then most car companies most recalls involve MH. Not T T s . There has never been a warrenty issue over it. Go toXXXXXXX.XXX and talk to folks that know what is going on and can help you with problems. Ranting is counterproductive.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:09 PM   #5

FYI, I know full timers who own Cardinals and they do have warranty coverage! . Unfortunately by the reading of your original and updated post I am convinced that you are and never will be satisfied with any FR product regardless of what repairs may be made. I own a Blue Ridge which is made on the same assembly line as the Cardinal. Did I have some warranty issues when new? Yes but my dealer and FR fixed the problems. The one and foremost warranty issue problem isn't FR. Its the selling dealer and repair facility of which a majority do not have the expertise or desire to follow the procedures to do warranty repairs. I have read of too many cases where " FR would not warranty the repair" when in reality the repair facility was too blame.
mbrolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:32 PM   #6

I would disagree with that. I read emails from Cedar Creek denying repairs under warranty (front cap damaged at factory) then I called them got hole different story saying it was the dealer hadn't put in claims. They lied to me was all a big game to see if they could get away with out paying.
After that I skipped the dealer and had no problems until the frame broke on my four year old silverback.
Jscribner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I say this OP is gone...
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:42 PM   #8

I have received and witnessed many repairs being done on units out of warranty by Forest River. They are the very best company I have experienced in my 73 years. They have found items and fixed them that I did not know needed fixing. Most of our problems are dealer related. I think the Cardinal is a great unit and the back up from Forest River makes it the very best money can buy. We are a Forest River family. Brother-Columbus, Son -Palomino, me Wildcat and now a Cardinal. All of us have had OUTSTANDING support. I may buy another unit but you can rest assured it will have Forest River on it. We LOVE our Cardinal. It bothers me that you are complaining without giving them a chance. All RV's have problems from time to time the difference is the back up. We have over 30,000 miles on our unit and use it seven months out of twelve. Still looks like new inside and out. If you want to talk to me I will send a number. You will be like me when you get you unit back. You will love it and the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MABradley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5th wheel, cardinal, leak, slide, wheel, slide out