Old 10-10-2016, 02:16 PM   #1

Winterizing newer Cardinals with Nautilus P1 water management system

All,

My 2017 Cardinal didn't come with all of the required documentation(manuals), and since it is time to think about winterizing in the northern climates, I thought I would post this info as it was helpful for me.

If you have a water panel that looks like this:

Then the instruction manual can be found from the panel manufacturer here: http://www.bandbmolders.com/files/User_Instructions.pdf

In it, you will find the step by step process for properly winterizing the basic pumbing of your trailer, including this panel. The panel performs the proper water heater bypass as well. Surprisingly, the instructions require blowing the panel out with the valves in a certain postion, to clear the passages behind the system too. Then, followed by RV antifreeze through all the lines to all fixtures. Follow your additional instructions for winterizing additional items like clothes washer, refrigerator water/ice maker as well.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #2

Thanks so much for posting this, I'll save the link. We just bought a 2017 Cardinal 3250RL but not able pickup yet as no one has a under bed set up for the hitch for a 2017 f250 cuz ford changed the frame. Anyway, can I ask where and what elevation your at? We live in Placerville Ca at 1700 ft and doesn't get much below 28 degrees for a few hours overnight in the winter. Would you still winterize?
Thanks

Old 10-16-2016, 04:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotrod106 View Post
Thanks so much for posting this, I'll save the link. We just bought a 2017 Cardinal 3250RL but not able pickup yet as no one has a under bed set up for the hitch for a 2017 f250 cuz ford changed the frame. Anyway, can I ask where and what elevation your at? We live in Placerville Ca at 1700 ft and doesn't get much below 28 degrees for a few hours overnight in the winter. Would you still winterize?
Thanks
I am in Michigan, about 700' above sea level. If it were me, I'd winterize. The few dollars you spend to be safe far outweighs the cost to repair split pipes.

2017 Cardinal 3850RL Mocha Pearl full body paint
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
djousma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotrod106 View Post
Thanks
It's sometimes useful to check "historic" weather records when making important decisions. According to my search for Placerville, CA, the record low in December, 1990 was 8F and in January, 2000 was 11. So, there's a reasonable chance you will save yourself some grief by winterizing.
raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cardinal, water, winter, winterize