Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #1

2017 Shasta Revere 27BH

New owner of a 2017 Shasta Revere 27bh. I have a couple of questions and cant seem to find the answers in the manual.
1. DVD. I believe that I have sent this up correctly using the DVD, CD, Radio player. I get sound but no Video. Is there a special setting beside Aux?

2. RED Light: After the second day camping the control panel had a red light that lite up. I think it has to do with the water heater but I cant find any info on it.

3. Turning on propane for the fridge temp. Do you need to turn the switch on for "gas" if you are using propane to cool your fridge?

4. What turns on the water heater?

I know alot of questions but this is not addressed anywhere in the manual.

Thanks for looking and helping in advance.

Chad8778
chad8778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:39 AM   #2

Hello chad8778,
My Revere is older 2012, but you need to talk to the salesman if you bought it at a dealer. They should give you a walk thru and answer your questions.

1. my player did not support video (installed a cheap blue ray for this)

2. if the red light is not labeled talk to the dealer or call Shasta if it is the water heater then it is on in the LP mode, should be a switch to control it next to light.

3. Fridge, gas = LP use only, auto = uses 120v primary but will use LP when you are not hooked up to power. off = off for storage or to defrost. note: you must have 12v battery to operate in LP mode

4. water heater you turn it on (inside trailer) for LP use (red light means on) the unit will cycle on demand to heat water via a thermostat in heater. (additionally you may have a 120V heater that is visible on the face of the heater (outside trailer). it will have a small pin to lock it in the off position if you have this do not run it if the tank is empty you will burn out the element in seconds. pin it, off when not in use. I use a reminder note on my slide panel that 120V water heater is on.

I would recommend talking to the dealer that sold the unit to you their are no dumb questions.

Enjoy the journey camping will reduce stress.
cphubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 09:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad8778 View Post
New owner of a 2017 Shasta Revere 27bh. I have a couple of questions and cant seem to find the answers in the manual.
1. DVD. I believe that I have sent this up correctly using the DVD, CD, Radio player. I get sound but no Video. Is there a special setting beside Aux?

2. RED Light: After the second day camping the control panel had a red light that lite up. I think it has to do with the water heater but I cant find any info on it.

3. Turning on propane for the fridge temp. Do you need to turn the switch on for "gas" if you are using propane to cool your fridge?

Chad8778

Chad,
I have a 2017 Revere RB, should be very similar. My water heater has two red, lighted rocker switches, one for Electric and one for Propane. I was told they can be used separately or together to heat the water faster. For the fridge, I leave it on AUTO, that way it will choose electric if available then switch to propane if there is no power. Not sure on the DVD, I have not used mine yet. Do you have the Yellow Video cable plugged into a Video Input on your TV, You will also need to select that input on the TV. Hope that helps!
bpenrod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad8778 View Post

Chad8778
I have a 2016 Revere 32DS and for my DVD player once the yellow cable was connected to the screen the video worked.
there was no need to set the unit to Aux for me it switched to DVD immediately on its own once a DVD was inserted regardless of what it was set at before.
firefly6240 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel, fridge, revere 27bh, shasta, water heater